Build my own TT isolation platform

roccus

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
You'll blow your ears out kid
Going to build my own isolation platform and playing around with ideas

Here I used sheet rock for 2 layers under the bottom layer I used some gelatin type pads with thin foam in between the bottom and top layer it helped a lot but still not great but I'm thinking layers is the way to go just like the plinth is made for the TT

Playing around with a key board wrist rest gelatin pad not sure where I am going with it may be better to use it for insulation between boards instead of on the legs and use spikes for the legs...

Lazarus Short

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
I'm the Red Knight, by grant of the Black
The game is all about control of micro-vibrations. My best go began with a concrete basement floor, bricks on that, a well-filled file cabinet on that, several stacked panels of MDF on that, and then the turntable. It was solid, stable and had a lot of mass.

roccus

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
This is where I am at with it can work on making it look nice once I get a winning combination...

legs will be fully isolated with soft rubber and spiked for now I will sit spikes on dimes or pennies and put the pennies on soft rubber pads as well

not sure if it can be as easy as this may need to cut the 2 pieces into 4 stuff is a pitch to cut it self repairs as you cut it

might need another layer maybe something of different composition as a middle layer...

Fishoz

Tagline
Always learning!
Looks good! Should be an improvement.

Figures that there has been a vendor selling marble slabs at the local flea for cheap. He had some 40lb slabs that would have worked nice. Since spiking my speaks I haven't had a problem though.

roccus

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Still moving in the right direction... but still not quite there yet... the woofers are not pulsating no where near as bad if much at all but when I put the bass to it with some volume it does start the feedback hum I also pulled the speakers out from the wall another 6" so they are about a foot out now... I hope this don't sound bad but... my dad passed away 20 years ago he was a vet and the va gave me a 100lb. slab of granite marker thing is he wanted to be cremated so never had a plot to place the stone on it is just sitting out in my yard now he was a music lover with pink floyd being his most favorite band... think it would be bad or disrespectful to haul that stone in clean it up and put it under my TT? :confused1:

Lazarus Short

Tagline
I'm the Red Knight, by grant of the Black
Still moving in the right direction... but still not quite there yet... the woofers are not pulsating no where near as bad if much at all but when I put the bass to it with some volume it does start the feedback hum I also pulled the speakers out from the wall another 6" so they are about a foot out now... I hope this don't sound bad but... my dad passed away 20 years ago he was a vet and the va gave me a 100lb. slab of granite marker thing is he wanted to be cremated so never had a plot to place the stone on it is just sitting out in my yard now he was a music lover with pink floyd being his most favorite band... think it would be bad or disrespectful to haul that stone in clean it up and put it under my TT? :confused1:
​Good idea!

Fishoz

Tagline
Always learning!
No disrespect at all. He'll be looking down thinking what a smart kid and proud to still be a part of your life.

roccus

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
No disrespect at all. He'll be looking down thinking what a smart kid and proud to still be a part of your life.
Ran it by my wife and she says go for it as well... so thanks dad

NavLinear

What I would do is make a small laser etched stainless placard in honor of your dad and attach it to the front facing part of the granite. I think that would be really cool - just a thought tho...

roccus

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
What I would do is make a small laser etched stainless placard in honor of your dad and attach it to the front facing part of the granite. I think that would be really cool - just a thought tho...
I like the idea... I miss him a lot I was with him when he passed just an hour or so before I put his Dark Side of Moon CD in for him he smiled at me from ear to ear.. the CD player I am running was his a pioneer PD-M60 and his JVC KD A77 cassette deck but that needs new belts to get it going can't find them anywhere.. my sister ended up with the rest of his stereo system but it is long gone