Bogen

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
That's pretty cool Jim, I had a nice mono Bogen tube amp I bought for a failed project years ago, EL84's IIRC, I gave it to a chick at work who was in a band, she's still using it. It had a great tone, I wish I'd kept it...That's what tequila and a pretty face does to ya :mrgreen:

ksrigg

Chief Journeyman
Yep............I do have some Bogen pieces..........a pair of CHB-100's and a pair of MO-100's....

The CHB-100 is way under appreciated in my opinion and can be bought for around $125.00 each. They use a quad of 7868's and sound VERY nice for the price. They have a preamp section and can do a good job. The trannies are small, but they still sound good.

The MO-100 uses a quad of 8417 tubes and sells for aroung $350.00-$400.00 each and sound better, but the elusive 8417 is the reason why. Four nice tubes cost about as much as the amps sell for. These mono do NOT have a built in preamp, but do have an ajustable gain on the back of the amp.

I think Bogens are still a bargain right now. Too soon and they will be discovered and the prices will double or even triple. This has happened with other vintage amplifier brands, and Bogen will happen at some point. Guitar Amp guys are buying them now, but as soon as more people hear the prices will have to rise.