Blu-Ray what are you running

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Jim: Nice pick. Do you have DVD Audio and SACDs? It handles those, as well.

Nando.

MACMAN007

New Around These Parts
Tagline
Analog Addict
Marantz 7007. Better than current MVP-881 McIntosh and nearly 7500.00$ cheaper at the price I payed. Open box full warranty from Magnolia for 799.99. A 5007 is 599.00 new anyway.

No brain-er purchase for me. Got it tax time this year. Was getting the 5007 and said why not for 200.00 extra for open box. And it mas made and designed when Marantz was part of Denon and McIntosh..D&M holdings, but without all the issues the MVP-881 has had. The 881 has too many things in 1 sock. My 871 is fine after all these years and it was a first run unit. They almost always have issues.

Philip

Tagline
Born and Raised In The 700 Watt Club.
Oppo BDP-105. Supposedly the new balanced XLR's are great and they have an incredible new USB dac. I have not used these options yet as I am waiting for a new 70" plasma after the Christmas savings sell-off sales to hook it up to. But i ran a few super audio CD's through it, bypassing the Arcam AVR 400's Dac's; and the sound is unbelievable. I think for the dollar and performance you get, it's the best thing out there. Also their customer service is second to none.

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Oppo BDP-105. Supposedly the new balanced XLR's are great and they have an incredible new USB dac. I have not used these options yet as I am waiting for a new 70" plasma after the Christmas savings sell-off sales to hook it up to. But i ran a few super audio CD's through it, bypassing the Arcam AVR 400's Dac's; and the sound is unbelievable. I think for the dollar and performance you get, it's the best thing out there. Also their customer service is second to none.
That Oppo is one nice player Dave. Glad to see they used WIMA caps throughout. Those are great caps, fine German quality :)

Elite-ist

Staff member
That's the top dog. It's noted highly for its superb audio. And a 70" plasma coming. I could spend a few wintery nights with that combination at my place. We just had our first snowfall, yesterday.

Nando.

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
That's the top dog. It's noted highly for its superb audio. And a 70" plasma coming. I could spend a few wintery nights with that combination at my place. We just had our first snowfall, yesterday.

Nando.
20" here already this winter Nando. Sick of it already.

Elite-ist

Staff member
Joe: I won't complain, then, we only have 4 inches on the ground. Time to hunker in when it gets to almost two feet. I'm sure working on all the electrical projects keeps you sane during the winter months.

Nando.

Tagline
Born and Raised In The 700 Watt Club.
That Oppo is one nice player Dave. Glad to see they used WIMA caps throughout. Those are great caps, fine German quality :)
You know what was also great about my experience with them? I had purchased an Oppo BDP-95 from them 6 months prior that was STILL in it's box. (awaiting the arrival of that plasma) I just went out a pre-bought all my audio gear. But then they came out with the BDP-105. I called them up and said I still had the factory sealed 95; and they said even though I was past the return date, they'd still do it! We talked extensively about the new upgrades and I had a Q and A session for 20 min. VERY knowledgeable about their own product and very helpful. Customer service there is amazing. It's probably the heaviest blue-ray player I have handled. And now the tote bag oppo wrapped it in, is being used as a reusable grocery bag for my woman.

It's suppossed to get mated with the Panasonic TC-P65ZT60. Since they don't do a 70". And nobody does in plasma that hits the near perfection marks as the Panasonic does. Near perfect video mated with near perfect audio. That was my goal. Only...........had to get wifey a new car. That kinda explains the blank spot on the wall where my TV should be. :-( But at least I have the Oppo already? Great tunes are just as important! :)
[h=5][/h]

Lazarus Short

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
I'm the Red Knight, by grant of the Black
With a recent ebay purchase, we now have two:

A Sansui unit for CD's - sounds very nice, so nice in fact, that I'm probably going to sell/swap my CD transport and DAC at the next Twangfest.

A Sony unit for Netflix - it's high-def, streams Netflix and whatever else.

Since model numbers are not proudly displayed on the fronts of the two units, I'll not mention them.

The Sony DVDP is leaving the system...

Tagline
---
the $500.00, 2ndGen 2007 SONY BDP-S300 i use loads slower than molasses flowing uphill, but is a solid technical performer,
and at the $80shipped that i paid for it brand-new NOS, an unbeatable deal for certain.
try finding this level of parts/build quality in today's sub-$1k players; more than well worth the slothlike loading times, IMHO, YMMV;