Black Oak Arkansas guitarist R.I.P.

clhboa

Chief Journeyman
Stanley Knight from the original BOA lineup has passed away. Not much info on the web but I guess he had been sick for a while. Bummer! One of my favorite bands. (In case my screen name hasn't already tipped you off.)

NavLinear

Veteran and General Yakker
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=jVDjZaIlJ24

A cool video of BOA at Cal Jam in 1974. Stanley is the guitarist on the right. The guitars kick in at the 1:30 mark.
Sorry to hear about his passing. Black Oak Arkansas was badass - had a couple of their albums.

Damn - you brought back some memories. I was at that concert - crazy fun. We took a large Coleman cooler in filled with beer but not in bottles or cans but in milk cartons. Everyone else was getting their beer confiscated but we went in with a couple of cases - to stay hydrated of course. Boy Scout motto - be prepared! You could get whatever the hell you wanted with an ice cold beer at that concert.

kevin

Forum Veteran and Hillbilly
I saw Black Oak back in the mid 70's. R.I.P.

Jim
In 1982 0r 83 I was the light man for a band called Redline.... Really Really good band... In a little town called Chilhowie Va. Redline opened up for Black Oak. When they got to the little club where we were and saw all the equipment and lights that Redline had they didn't even unload what they brought...... So... Butch our soundman and myself ran sound and lights for them that night !!!!! THAT WAS ONE WILD NIGHT THAT I'LL NEVER FORGET !!!

clhboa

Chief Journeyman
Sorry to hear about his passing. Black Oak Arkansas was badass - had a couple of their albums.

Damn - you brought back some memories. I was at that concert - crazy fun. We took a large Coleman cooler in filled with beer but not in bottles or cans but in milk cartons. Everyone else was getting their beer confiscated but we went in with a couple of cases - to stay hydrated of course. Boy Scout motto - be prepared! You could get whatever the hell you wanted with an ice cold beer at that concert.
I would have loved to have been there. Unfortunately I was in elementary school at the time. Thanks for sharing the story.