Big bottom

AngrySailor

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---not quite right
Thanks Lee! Soon back to sea for 6 weeks then it'll be time to dive into the Rotel and my trusty PL400. I can't see how some WOPL action isn't in the cards! I'm still working on my pops for the pioneer rt-707 to go with the PL gear in the house. Btw, my girl Tracy is warming up to my audio addiction and looks like a PL (or two) in the house is
gonna be A-OK :toothy5:

AngrySailor

Tagline
---not quite right
Uh yeah! Very soon, I've been concentrating on the shop system and that's done. I try to keep things clean and in cabinets, but my PL400 suffered some in that environment. Nothing too serious, just dust and whatnot. I am retiring it to living room duty and it will need a 700 partner :laughing7:

Someone awhile back in a thread mentioned a vintage pioneer crossover, I'd probably look into something like that for the house system. It didn't have low enough crossover points for what I needed in the shop, but would work great with a 700 in stereo on my 15's and let the 400 handle my mids and horns. Looking at straight up ported 15" 3 way cabinets for the house, possibly bi-amp with two PL's :blob8:

AngrySailor

Tagline
---not quite right
I just hope the Canadian $ doesn't go right down the tubes in the next few months:pottytrain5:... That can make things hard to swallow! For a few years it was 50 cents on the dollar And of course the good shit comes from the US! Eff made in Ching chong!

kevin

Forum Veteran and Hillbilly
Really good thread here !!! Nice job !!! Good job ya did on that stereo cabinet !!! The screws you used are the only way to go !!!! And.. Like Lee, I love that Rotel !!

AngrySailor

Tagline
---not quite right
Really good thread here !!! Nice job !!! Good job ya did on that stereo cabinet !!! The screws you used are the only way to go !!!! And.. Like Lee, I love that Rotel !!
Hey! Thanks man! Slapped a little flat black on the stereo cabinet (flat black makes almost everything stereo related more better!). Ran out of paint, but coat #2 will finish it up.

Attachments