Bang & Olufsen to Restore 1972 Beogram 4000 Turntables and other 'Classics'

Bradrock

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---I run with Scissors
No mention of where they are sourcing the turntables they are restoring? Modern mods? Bluetooth? Built in preamp?
Voice control?

B&O 9000 CD player is on my short list....

nakdoc

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
highly biased
As I read it, you need to send them your BG4002 or BG4004 turntable. The photo does show a different control button layout, and what looks to be a different cartridge! The stupidest thing in the world B&O did was to discontinue their cartridges. I have a couple of these in my back room if anyone wants to avail themselves.

Bradrock

Tagline
---I run with Scissors
I have two Beogram 3000 tables from 1974 or so. Not as nice as the linears maybe, but still pretty classy looking.The SP 10,12 & 14 carts still have a cult following & can be upgraded ( cantilever/stylus choices) by a couple places in Europe.
Moving Iron carts can get pretty pricy.

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
As I read it, you need to send them your BG4002 or BG4004 turntable. The photo does show a different control button layout, and what looks to be a different cartridge! The stupidest thing in the world B&O did was to discontinue their cartridges. I have a couple of these in my back room if anyone wants to avail themselves.
I have a BG 4002 and 1700. If you have cartridges for either, I may be interested in one.

Nando.

62vauxhall

Tagline
No such things as bad days, just bad moments
I have two Beogram 3000 tables from 1974 or so. Not as nice as the linears maybe, but still pretty classy looking.The SP 10,12 & 14 carts still have a cult following & can be upgraded ( cantilever/stylus choices) by a couple places in Europe.
Moving Iron carts can get pretty pricy.
Or how about the SP 6/7?

IMG_3879.JPG

nakdoc

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
highly biased
I see MMC20E and 20EN cartridges on ebay. It is the 20CL that rarely shows up. The good news about these is the diamond takes much longer to show any wear at all because it is highly polished.

FredR

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
WTF?
Couldn't afford a Beogram table back in the day. Settled for a Rabco that I eventually got so frustrated with I beat it to bits. Don't see how this plan could be profitable unless they charge a (tone) arm and a leg.

Last edited: