Axpona

Fishoz

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Always learning!
Anyone thinking of going to Axpona (April) in Chicago? Never been - is it worth it? or will I just leave with blue balls?

Fishoz

Tagline
Always learning!
Have you gone before Doug?

AK 'ers usually talk it down. Apparently feeling they are not wanted. Axpona customers do not go for vintage and butt heads w/AK.

And that's why I like it here - no attitude, just info and fun.

Nick Danger

Have you gone before Doug?

AK 'ers usually talk it down. Apparently feeling they are not wanted. Axpona customers do not go for vintage and butt heads w/AK.

And that's why I like it here - no attitude, just info and fun.
Not yet. Done Rocky Mountain Audio Fest for a few years now and there are always a small group(s) of vendors that claim they despise vintage gear. Most likely because they are pushing shwag that does not necessarily sound any better than some of our vintage stuff for a boatload of dough. It's the nature of the beast for a salesperson to try and tell you what you have is old and tired, BUT........... try this new and shiny toy, you will be amazed/ astounded/ stupified/ etc.

Don't get me wrong, the gear at the show will make you drool but let your ears tell you what is good. If you like it, that is all that matters.

And vendors that hate vinyl recordings. And vendors that hate digital recording. And vendors that hate tubes. And vendors that hate SS....... haters gonna hate. AKers that go to these shows and proclaim that vintage audio is the best are bound to ruffle a few feathers at a trade show like this.

I would highly recommend going to the show and hearing/seeing all the fun stuff! The folks at these shows are audio junkies like us and you may learn a thing or two as you wander from room to room. Great awy to audition a ton of stuff without opening up your wallet. Listen to music, listen to sales pitches, take picture, meet nice, like- minded people. Plus it's in Chicago which is one of the greatest cities in the World. You don't like the show, I am sure you can find something to do.

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
I don't see any new 8 track decks either...

Lazarus Short

Tagline
I'm the Red Knight, by grant of the Black
I just saw Stuwee's new avatar on this thread: NICE! I like Martin Logans, have taken the factory tour in Lawrence, Kansas - their factory is a class act.

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
Well thankee Laz! I think their customer service is over the top as well, from the person who answers the phone call to the correct person you are sent to to answer your initial question. Everyone I've ever talked with up to Jim Powers who hand built the crossovers of my Sequels on the assembly line way back when, he was a perfect gentelman, and talked Dale through a problem replacing the woofers on them. They are built with Love and it comes through the finished product in spades!! My old roommate and good friend Dale is a US Navy trained EE and was gobsmacked with the inner workings on the 'slabs'! He doesn't know about the Summits yet, I'm going to surprise him soon!!

Back on topic, Go Fitz Go!! Bring some fav tunes, don't be shy about asking to play them! Have fun, take notes, take pics!!!