AudioControl 520B 5-band rotary control EQ

finebar4

Journeyman
Tagline
---
Parting with this little rarity and offered here for all of you. Very vintage 5 band EQ with subsonic filter in excellent (unmolested) condition. Black faced with all printing intact and Solid Oak side panels. Little elbow grease and very little effort needed to restore to mint condition. All functions fully operational. There is a little noise when pushing selector buttons....but I haven’t cleaned or deoxed it as I went a different route for my EQ’ing needs. Looking for $120 plus actual shipping charges. Too cool to just sit on a shelf unused.

Attachments

8991XJ

Chief Journeyman
These are excellent units. Totally lacking in a why it's better sales pitch but maybe some info on this unit, which I sold when new, will help. This unit has 3 bass bands, one midrange and one high frequency. The goal of the latter two are to adjust presence and sparkle in the system. The bass adjustments are the cool feature. Many speakers have a bump down low and this unit has a control below that range of the bump to add real low bass response. The next one up is to adjust the bump as needed, you know the normal low frequency response from a speaker. The next one is the mid-bass to make everything work together. That is for an ideal system but most aren't and have some issues with low frequency response due to room conditions. This unit will adjust for that with those three controls down low. The frequency centers are 36, 60 and 120Hz. Nice unit. GLWTS.

Northwinds

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
I used to have a Audio Control C-101 EQ w/ the wood sides. It was a good unit until I lost a channel and it went into the garbage. This was back around 1994-5ish?

finebar4

Journeyman
Tagline
---
These are excellent units. Totally lacking in a why it's better sales pitch but maybe some info on this unit, which I sold when new, will help. This unit has 3 bass bands, one midrange and one high frequency. The goal of the latter two are to adjust presence and sparkle in the system. The bass adjustments are the cool feature. Many speakers have a bump down low and this unit has a control below that range of the bump to add real low bass response. The next one up is to adjust the bump as needed, you know the normal low frequency response from a speaker. The next one is the mid-bass to make everything work together. That is for an ideal system but most aren't and have some issues with low frequency response due to room conditions. This unit will adjust for that with those three controls down low. The frequency centers are 36, 60 and 120Hz. Nice unit. GLWTS.
Thank you sir!! It is a great little piece of history that works very well. It was late when I posted this last night.....so no heavy sales pitch.....I knew some of you know this piece better than I.