Anyone else have issues with Joe Strummer - Streetcore reissue?

nobody

Journeyman
Tagline
---
Streetcore is my favorite Joe Strummer solo record by quite a way and I've had the CD forever but broke down and grabbed it on vinyl. Just arrived and I spun it for the first time last night. Side 1 sounds great and is an excellent pressing. Then, on side 2, things get weird. I've never had a record so off-centered. You can watch the tonearm swing back and forth as you hear the music get all wobbly. I'm going to have to return it because it is comically horrible sounding. I'm not one of the super-picky types and have kept records that are less than perfect, but this one is really unlistenable on side 2. Anyway, I'll be sending it back but I was wondering if anyone else has this on vinyl and if your pressing is OK? I don't want to try to get another copy and get into an endless mailing back and forth thing if they're all messed up. But, if my copy is just an anomaly I'll be anxious to exchange for a good copy.

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Who issued/pressed it?

nobody

Journeyman
Tagline
---
Don't know more specifically who handled the pressing or anything but it was the original label reissuing it, Hellcat Records. Was remastered as well. Side A sounds great.

ksrigg

Chief Journeyman
I couldn't find that album, but if you go to discogs you can find out anything you want to know about a particular artist, album or CD. It will list who pressed the album along with tons of other information.

Bob Boyer

Tagline
---
I've not run into that issue with new vinyl but lord knows, I've purchased more than one new album with almost unlistenable levels of groove hash. For new music, I'm about to the point that unless it's a QRP pressing, I'll stick to hi-res downloads or CD. And I haven't purchased remastered vinyl since that disaster of a Dire Straits box set with all the groove hash. Nothing surprises me these days.

MarkWComer

Tagline
Victim of the record bug since age five
I've purchased more than one new album with almost unlistenable levels of groove hash.
I've gotten a little disheartened with new vinyl as well. They just don't know how to make records any more. Every new record I buy is a crapshoot.

But- OFF CENTER? How is that possible? Is there something I'm missing in the whole mastering chain? The lacquer has a hole in the center when it's being cut on the lathe. Somewhere they lose that hole and someone has to punch in a new one. Some dude with a microscope checks the mother or the master for concentricity and then punches a new hole in the center. Why don't they use the original hole? There's no logical reason not to use the same hole!