Anybody else eyeballing this one?

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
He already has one like that. He needs a bigger one. Did all the rest of the WOPL's make it ok Sutton??

ksrigg

Chief Journeyman
Lee,

To be honest, they are in my van as we speak. Over the weekend I knew better than to start moving stereo gear around, as the wife would have shut me down with comments like......."look at all the dust behind ther", "You need to mopa and then shampoo the carpet under that stereo stuff" and "Why don't you clean up all those wires and make it so I can clean behind there" so I didn't start moving stuff. I plan on changing everything out, and today is Kevin's day off, I thought, and he was going to help me, but I've not heard anything from him, so I am going to go it alone...it's just easier to have someone helping you trace wiring and I really wanted to lable and zip tie or velcro everything...but NO EXCUSES......,the amps are here and it's my fault they are not in their new home all wired and bundled and neat and clean behind the rack...

I'll post a picture as soon as everything is set...Thanks again Lee...You are the MAN...

ksrigg

Chief Journeyman
Oh yeah.....I know he NEEDS a WOPL 1000, but I just son't see them on eBay that often and they are now going for $600.00-$1,200.00 and still need to be WO'ed. If Kevin needs one, get all over his arse.....Tell him Lee!!! Maybe if someone had a Road Warrior or a 700 with issues......

Tell him Lee!!

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Like I said, my 2 700B's are for sale. One is already White Oaked, but no DC protect yet. And the other one is pure stock. Both of them pretty cherry. The price would depend on what ya want done. I only have 100.00 a piece in em before any work so it's not like I gotta have an e-bay price for em. I spent a matrathon session with the tax preparer yesterday and on my stereo business I have to start showing a profit this year and reduce some inventory. A guy can lose money only so long. I have 2-700 SEr I's I was going to go nuts on, and I just like the industrial look better on them./ The B';s should go to someone who would really appreciate em and need some cherry pieces to compliment the rest of their stuff.

KEVIN--------YOU THINK THE WOPL 550 WAS BADASS----YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT A WOPL 1000!!!!!!!!! Definately a difference if you want to set off the local(or regional for that matter) Richter scales!!

If they weren't you sure brought their attention to them by posting about them ;)

A WOPL 1000 would be a cool amp to try out and I'd like to someday but budgets are not there just to "try" amps out any more unfortunately.

ksrigg

Chief Journeyman
Kevin must not be on here right now or he would have jumped in. I KNOW he will want to talk to you about one of the WOPL 1000 amps, and I know he will want the full meal deal. I know he will also want blue leds....I'd go ahead and get it DCP'ed and ready to ship. Then (until he gets Klipsh or Altec) he can power his lines with a 700Ba and his Paradigm Studio 100's with the 400. I know we were talking in the 650-750 range for a 400 with all the embelishments...but I don't know what you'd need to get for a tricked out 700B. If you want to PM Kevin or me, we can see if he can swing it now or later....but I know he'll make a move, and if not, I might make a move on a cherry one, and trade him the One Eyed Road Warrior....that way I'd have two 700B amps that "match" and Kevin would make the OERW work for it's supper.....

ksrigg

Chief Journeyman
As to posting about the 400's, I just see no sense in fellow members bidding each other up on an amp, or tape deck or whatever, and that would have happened, as in this case......there was another member who was bidding on one of the amps....

ksrigg said:
As to posting about the 400's, I just see no sense in fellow members bidding each other up on an amp, or tape deck or whatever, and that would have happened, as in this case......there was another member who was bidding on one of the amps....

Oh, I understand and agree here but after years of audio site lurking I know folks watch these sites for just such links

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
Rex Everything said:
If they weren't you sure brought their attention to them by posting about them ;)

A WOPL 1000 would be a cool amp to try out and I'd like to someday but budgets are not there just to "try" amps out any more unfortunately.
Paul's right...be careful about posting finds you want...lurkers abound :dark1: :wave: ...That might be Larry as well :pirate:

kevin

Forum Veteran and Hillbilly
Yep.... I knew I should have looked on here yesterday. I laid around on my ass all day. Sutton..... I AM SO SORRY !!!!!! Why didnt you call me yesterday. I know we had talked about doing that but to be real honest I forgot all about it. I HATE THAT !!!!!!! Lee... I want a 700 real bad. Just a bad time for me right now. Im trying to put new floor in my stereo room, get it painted and cash is just a little tight right now. It's alot tight !!! Car business sucks right now. I hope like hell that in a few months these 700's and 400's will still be around !!!

ksrigg

Chief Journeyman
So Lee, if you sell all your PL stuff, what are you going to use? Are you just going to do the 1.3k and have that along with your Pioneer stuff? I'm surprized you aren't keeping the Cali babies...but if you'll PM me a price for a 700B, maybe we can work something out, and get Kevin a 700B in the process..

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
Sutton I'll sell you my B. If you want the WO mod done. I will have it done. Listen to it first. 525 w/o the mod. Has the DC protect. I will pay to have the meters the color you want. No matter what it will have BG caps.

Larry

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Kevin, Sutton----- I have 2---yes 2---700 SERIES I's that I will pull out all stops on and keep. I like the industrial look of the SERIES I's better than the B's. I AM IN NO HURRY TO GET RID OF THE B's. If you and Kevin want me to save em for ya , I will. No biggie. they are a cherry pair. I would hate to see them go to a stranger. I can wait until they can go to a good home that appreciates em. So .....be cool. they are not going anywhere soon. If you and Kevin want em, just say so. I'll WO and give em the total Laatsch makeover as I get time. Maybe the get done and have cash times will coincide, if not ...no biggie. You should seriously consider Larry's "B". It is one of a kind and bears serious consideration.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
speakerman1 said:
Sutton I'll sell you my B. If you want the WO mod done. I will have it done. Listen to it first. 525 w/o the mod. Has the DC protect. I will pay to have the meters the color you want. No matter what it will have BG caps.

Larry

And this particular "B" has a working meter to be installed by me, as part of a promise to Larry. So....it will have both meters working. And while it's here........

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
It's a done deal then. I have to get one of my Series I's done first. the wife says the house WILL NOT BE WITHOUT A WOPL 1000 anymore. And I agree with her. Once you've gone that way ......it's hopeless......and I love it.......