Any opinions on this brand of sound equipment?

Skywavebe

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Work too much
Yes, A company named Emotiva was brought to my attention and I went to a demonstration show. Still the company out of Tennesse is still having things made in China and any company no matter how well QC'd need to get manufacturing out of China completely if you want my loyalty. Maybe McIntosh is the only company made in USA but how many can afford that? I guess it comes down to good or Cheap and so far most Americans pick cheap which has led us to this position of a lot of chinese junk here. Of course the explosion of chinese made I phone has not helped American grow smarter but dumber. Most people other than Engineers who have a formal education who use I phones when they go off will be reduced to morons and I think the present president has proved that.

J!m

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
BOT
I have heard of them; never listened to any of their gear however.

And even with McIntosh, I bet they have globally sourced components inside- they have to. What basic components are made here any longer? Only the "boutique" capacitors are made in a few basements in the states. Otherwise?

Skywavebe

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Work too much
Well if McIntosh has Chinese caps in them then there is a real big problem in this country as well as everywhere else. I know Emotiva has Japan custom made caps in the amps they make because I talked to one of the engineers there and he answered some good question after all the other guys came up with stuff that does not matter. They have some real big amps with like 1000W/Channel for home theater systems. I don't need anything like that just give me a clean integrated amp with a few inputs. It is the small stuff companies make that will sell the most and have the most impact.
I wonder how many people are ripped off by those Tascam dual cassette decks with .25% wow and flutter junk transports in them. I told a guy who just ordered one to send it back it is total junk. I don't care how many Mk's they put after the model- the more the marks the worse they are and they are at Mk 7 now- what does that tell you?
Tascam seems to be dying a slow death after Gibson got done with them and they have a real large amount of ground to cover to get back to what they were in the 80's.

J!m

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
BOT
The funny thing with Tascam is that they are going on about their 50th anniversary (which is fine), but all the pro guys giving testimonials from back in the day were all tape. Cassette and open reel And the response of the fan base: when will Tascam make a good tape deck again?

Crickets…

They have a good name they can market, but they need some products! Either do tape RIGHT or kill it off and move on. I’d prefer the former, but don’t keep languishing in the abyss.

Skywavebe

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Work too much
It takes big money to make a new unit and there are probably studies that tell them it is not feasible to do it in this market and this crazy World collapse we are currently in. Teac may have had good money reserves when floppy disc was a product in computer but like many companies in the past they lost sight of the future and stayed were they are- The royal Type writer company fell due to computer word processors and the Horse and Buggy companies fell due to the Gas car or horseless carriage. Gas cars are ready to fall as well and upset the car building companies again. It is said that some of them will fail and GM is one of them. If you are smart you will connect up with a futuristic company and start working with them so that eventually you join or are bought out. GM made electric cars way before Tesla did but where are these cars now- all destroyed except a couple of hidden ones as they did not want to upset the oil monopolies. Well watch what happens to gas cars soon. If technology is let out that we have already had since the 50's then air travel and cars if such a thing will still exist will be a thing of the past. They have been flying the TR3B triangle craft with anti-gravitic for years now and doing covert mission with drugs where they get more money- are these the good people? Judge for yourself.

Skywavebe

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Work too much
Tascam is selling products under their name and is it either digital crap that there are plenty of problems with or chinese tape transports in a box- all high profit margin junk that is not worthy of the name. This is exactly what happens when the originators of the product die off and it happened at Sony and other companies as well.
Getting a patemt of the Flux liner will be impossible as they don't want you to know it exists. They fly it around and will not share the technology they stole from Aliens. If you were to shoot one down to gain knowledge from it the military would be all over the wreck of a craft that does not exist. This was the project blue book real purpose.