ANOTHER NEW DECK!!

tapeman

New Around These Parts
Just picked this up - a SONY TC-WR901 ES. Looks like new and sounds very good. Bought locally from a guy, paid $100. A sweet addition to my collection!

Attachments

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
I would say that is well-bought, tapeman. I'm also interested in how the Super Bias works. Any particular tape you like to feed it? I just picked up a couple of Sony Metal SR 90s, which would go well with that deck.

Nando.

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
Cool Sony Deck. I have two older Sony ES Dual Well decks. They sure are good looking and packed with features. :thumbright:

tapeman

New Around These Parts
I'm going to send it to my tech for a once over, once I get it back I will post recording results and my impressions of its performance.

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
I don't have any images handy but here are the two Sony Decks I have. Mine both have wood side panels. Let us know what you think after you have it tuned up.

tapeman

New Around These Parts
I got the wood sides with the deck when I bought it , but do not have all the correct screws to attach them ( if I wish)

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
tapeman, your photography skills remind me of someone else..........................

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
Elite-ist said:
I would say that is well-bought, tapeman. I'm also interested in how the Super Bias works. Any particular tape you like to feed it? I just picked up a couple of Sony Metal SR 90s, which would go well with that deck.

Nando.

What are you talking about Nando we don't mention any thing other than Phoenix tapes here. LMAO

Larry
I need a new pair of shoes.

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
speakerman1 said:
Elite-ist said:

Nando.

What are you talking about Nando we don't mention any thing other than Phoenix tapes here. LMAO

Larry
I'm going to see some old guy in a green house about a mind, you can come along :santa:

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
speakerman1 said:
Elite-ist said:

Nando.

Larry
You are right, Larry: I meant to say Phoenix Limited Edition Type IV C-60 . I was thinking a Sony tape would be quite complimentary for tapeman's Sony deck. And I haven't unsealed my lot of Phoenix metal tapes since buying them. I forecast the price of these to go through the roof next year, once all have been sold and aren't available, anymore. Then, who will be laughing!

Nando.