Amplifier surgery on eBay

cloud9alpine

New Around These Parts

bill7621

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
WTF, y'all
A better option would be to have one of the guys here rebuild your amp by woplng it. Not only will you get a brand new amp that will compete with the best amps out there, it'll carry a lifetime warranty to boot.
And yes, you need the speaker protection.

cloud9alpine

New Around These Parts
A better option would be to have one of the guys here rebuild your amp by woplng it. Not only will you get a brand new amp that will compete with the best amps out there, it'll carry a lifetime warranty to boot.
And yes, you need the speaker protection.
I like that idea better as well, who around here is in the business of fixing other people amps?

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the eBay seller amplifier_surgery. They do a "repair and restore service" on 700-II without speaker protection for $550 including shipping.

Is speaker protection circuit necessary if i am using my ADS L880 speakers which are fused, or if I just use an in-line fuse?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/A-REPAIR-a...492516?hash=item2f0c293ea4:g:6skAAOxyuPtQ~Qrz
$449 (really nothing for parts), is not getting you much. I'd skip that procedure without even thinking about it. You are still going to be stuck with 40 year old parts and a ticking time bomb. Reseating the output transistors????? What a bunch of hooey. REPAIR Maybe,but that is the farthest from a restoration I've seen lately. But, if he gives it a good stroking inside AND out, with a soft brush, well hell..... I'm in...... :0