All That JAZZ.....

elroy

New Around These Parts
I am more of a david sandborn, and dave koz type jazz listener. havent put any on in a while, but now that I have seen this thread, I am going to do that

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
If you mean in the vein of Miles, Coltrane et al. it has to be for the music's sake.

Dixieland and Armstrong's brand of jazz I like, when it morphs into swing/big band, Ellington/Miller/Krupa/Goodman and Harry James then his true successors, Alpert, Hirt...Henry Mancini...

Bob James, sometimes it's hard to both listen and define jazz in the 70s. I know great electric jazz'fusion when I hear it but it's fragmented sometimes. Jarre I can live with, it's smart. AMBIENT can be propulsive or somebody sitting on the keys. Bands like Neu! and Kraftwerk knew what they were doing back then, but then again Neu! members Michael Rother and Klaus Dinger were with Kraftwerk for an album or so, which makes the reason apparent.

Do you get Sound Opinions on your public radio station?

If not, head here and try the podcasts. I had mentioned Neu! and Michael Rother was the main guest this week. I enjoy it on Oregon Public Broadcasting FM and opbmusic.org and you can find it's home HERE:

http://www.soundopinions.org/

Show #253 is the one in question.