Al K's Extreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeme Slope Crossovers!!!

NavLinear

Veteran and General Yakker
I'm glad you gave us a reference - the first two shots did not convey the size of these. There's a lot of copper in those - wow. I expect that these will get you one step closer to audio nirvana. Cool stuff Lee.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Al and I had a long chat on the phone.....and as it happens, hi volume listening will be less stressful on all concerned using extreme slope crossovers. I had thought about it years ago, and had actually experimented with extreme slope on some electronic crossovers......didn't like em at first, then I heard a set of these on Stephen's K's.....SCHWEET.....

Northwinds

Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
Lee, what is meant by extreme slope? I know nothing about crossovers at all

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
The slope or rate of rolloff at the cutoff frequency, in db per/octave IIRC. The higher the db number the steeper the slope, meaning less music energy being transferred to the frequency not tolerated well by the target driver.

So.....a steep slope means less bass in the mid, less mid in the tweet and vice versa......

Make sense??

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Doing JIB' s tonight....they'll have to wait....and still don't have a WOPL in the house...

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
I haven't had a WOPL for over a year now, been borrowing Timdalf The Grey's for visits...

Fishoz

Tagline
Always learning!
So that's why you were trying to pick up a 700 a couple weeks back? New build with Joe's latest and greatest???

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
No, I have 2-cherry 700's sitting here waiting to be WO'd. I even have 2 Black faceplates, gonna be nice amps. Gotta build Stephen's first...

Fishoz

Tagline
Always learning!
Ya got a bit of work ahead of you.....

Shit...Thud just left a half dead mouse in front of me. He's been on a roll last couple days...

Northwinds

Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
The slope or rate of rolloff at the cutoff frequency, in db per/octave IIRC. The higher the db number the steeper the slope, meaning less music energy being transferred to the frequency not tolerated well by the target driver.

So.....a steep slope means less bass in the mid, less mid in the tweet and vice versa......

Make sense??
Yeah, looks like you are saying only the correct frequency range that each driver can handle are being fed to each. Sounds like longevity for the drivers is exponentially better with these right as your not getting bleed over of frequencies that should be going to other drivers