Advise Needed - Gain Pot and Deoxit

George S.

Veteran and General Yakker
2 400 WOPLs, a 700 WOPL under construction, 2 Optimus MPA-200s, 1 Akai AM-U7 integrated, 1 early 70s homebrew SS.
As I get closer to retirement, I'm starting to consider that my possessions are possessing me. Guess I'm learning why some people decide to down size.
It's a strange concept after working my ass off for 50 years.

VSAT88

Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
Lee, someone is going to learn about thread hijacking tonight. "That's the way we do it baby".

1. Yamaha AX-900
1. Music Hall Maven
1. B&K EX-442
1. Fisher 500C
1.PS Audio 200cx
1.Krell KSA-150
1.Yaquin MS-20
1.Adcom GFA-535 II
1. Adcom GFA-565
1. Phase Linear 700
1Sherwood AM-7040

And that is all I am counting tonight.

J!m

Tagline
BOT
I’m feeling the need for Krell amplification lately. The old ones, when Dan was there. They were built less than a half hour from my house in Orange, CT.

Plenty of KSA-50 kits/boards/parts around. 50 watts of class-A space heater sounds appealing this time o year. Maybe a pair of them in my favorite configuration for 100 class-A watts per side and short speaker leads…

VSAT88

Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
Man I ain't gonna lie. I always wanted a Krell. Class A, huge heat sinks in that alien space ship pattern. Those handles on front look like they could be attached to the doors to hell. Never thought there was any way I could afford one. Sold one of my old cars around here and was looking online and saw this one for a song.

20211121_214645.jpg

J!m

Tagline
BOT
According to what I’ve read, the KSA-50 is the sweetest of the bunch. As they added more outputs to increase power, some of the “magic” was lost.

Guys building up 50s are increasing voltage to stay fully class-A into 4 ohms. You need an acre of heat sink and/or fans. Even I can see it’s a simple design, which isn’t a bad thing at all.

Builtboards are cheap, but massive transformers, massive capacitors, massive heat sinks and a massive case to house it, and you’re broke!

Lazarus Short

Tagline
I'm the Red Knight, by grant of the Black
Man I ain't gonna lie. I always wanted a Krell. Class A, huge heat sinks in that alien space ship pattern. Those handles on front look like they could be attached to the doors to hell. Never thought there was any way I could afford one. Sold one of my old cars around here and was looking online and saw this one for a song.

View attachment 57206
I like the blue acoustic panel!

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it

View attachment 57206

Can't wait to get back to finishing the KSA-250

Attachments

VSAT88

Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
Perry that is one fine example there. It seems to be in excellent condition. No wonder you cant wait to get it all back together. Care to share how you de solder those hole thru solder joints ? I have had little luck with those.

VSAT88

Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
According to what I’ve read, the KSA-50 is the sweetest of the bunch. As they added more outputs to increase power, some of the “magic” was lost.

Guys building up 50s are increasing voltage to stay fully class-A into 4 ohms. You need an acre of heat sink and/or fans. Even I can see it’s a simple design, which isn’t a bad thing at all.

Builtboards are cheap, but massive transformers, massive capacitors, massive heat sinks and a massive case to house it, and you’re broke!
Read the same thing J!m I would love to hear one.