Acurus Rl11

kevin

Forum Veteran and Hillbilly
Did you show Biggsie a good time Kev??
Well... Didn't have a lot of time Lee.... We did take her to the house for a little bit and we took her for a drink ! And yes !! about the pre-amp.. can you run two amps out of it ? front and rear ??

JustMike

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
"Just Passin thru"
Kevin,

What i have been using for years for rear speakers is the Phase Linear 6000 serII Audio Delay unit.
Has volume control for the rear and a infinite amount of time delay settings for the rear or just set to bypass
for the same signal as the front speakers. Awesome for added ambience in large rooms.
Requires another stereo amp for the rear.
For a sub just y the preamp out if you don't have two outputs on your preamp. one line to the pl6000 and the other
to a powered sub. or to a dedicated low freq. crossover and passive sub (s).

Last edited:

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
I THINK some quad Pioneers may have a sub out, the stereo SX-6000 does and it's about a 1971-3 set?

Maybe not what you are looking for and at that age transistor noise and cap problems as well as shorting switches can plague them sometimes.

JustMike

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
"Just Passin thru"
I THINK some quad Pioneers may have a sub out, the stereo SX-6000 does and it's about a 1971-3 set?

Maybe not what you are looking for and at that age transistor noise and cap problems as well as shorting switches can plague them sometimes.
Steven,
The pioneer sx-6000 was a stereo receiver and it did have a center channel out but no sub out. had one.
Pioneer quad units used prefix QX. I don't recall any that had a sub out jack.

All these av units etc that have a sub out jack, most just have a fixed 80hz band pass filter built in. Thats all it is.
Still requires a outboard amp to drive the sub woofer.
You can add a band pass or crossover to any preamp or receiver that has a preamp out. by adding a y connector to
split the pre amp out signal to the input of the main amp and to the input of the sub amp.
But its nice to have a preamp that has two outputs, just less cables.