Acoustat proud owners

NavLinear

Veteran and General Yakker
I'll need to read up on those beautiful speakers you have. I knew they were big 'uns but the photo shoot you guys did in the fabrication of them was fun to peruse through. I bet they sound quite nice as what little I've read has shed a shining light on this type of speaker system.

mlucitt

I would be curious to feel if the bass can push against you at moderate to loud passages such as those enjoyed by Lee and I as we listen to the serenading of Spongle at mach 8. I know the K-horns will knock you over and my JBLs will gut punch you like a 154 pound welterweight, but I've never heard the planar speaker at anything more than background or elevator music levels.

Mark

MrAcoustat

Journeyman
I would be curious to feel if the bass can push against you at moderate to loud passages such as those enjoyed by Lee and I as we listen to the serenading of Spongle at mach 8. I know the K-horns will knock you over and my JBLs will gut punch you like a 154 pound welterweight, but I've never heard the planar speaker at anything more than background or elevator music levels.

Mark
Hi Mark my model the 1+1s are in a condo BUT my friend's Spectra 8800s are in a room 22x30x13 mine weigh 200 pounds and the 8800s weigh 800 pounds the output volume is AWESOME.

PS: Acoustat stopped production in the U.S.A. in 1991

Acoustat 1+1 01.jpg Acoustat 1+1 Acoustat Spectra 8800 05.jpg Acoustat Spectra 8800

More photos in my Flickr galery - - - - - http://www.flickr.com/photos/mracoustat/

Pure_Brew

Tagline
Coffee filters
Hi Mark my model the 1+1s are in a condo BUT my friend's Spectra 8800s are in a room 22x30x13 mine weigh 200 pounds and the 8800s weigh 800 pounds the output volume is AWESOME.

PS: Acoustat stopped production in the U.S.A. in 1991

View attachment 7749 Acoustat 1+1 View attachment 7750 Acoustat Spectra 8800

More photos in my Flickr galery - - - - - http://www.flickr.com/photos/mracoustat/
If you want to feel like your at the live event, seems one way to do it!

Cheers!

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Andre, do you have a response curve for them?? Like Dr. Lucitt, I like to get mauled by Shpongle at Mach 8.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
I have heard electrostatics are power hungry, what do you have driving them??

Andre, do you have a response curve for them?? Like Dr. Lucitt, I like to get mauled by Shpongle at Mach 8.
These are my friend Jocelyn's DIY Acoustat Spectra 8800s - 41x102x10 inches - 800 pounds of pure delight they go down to 24hz without the subs and 14hz with the two JLs F-112 subwoofers.

Acoustat Spectra 8800 10.jpg

NavLinear

Wow - talk about a wall of sound. Are these newly crafted? They are beautiful and thanks for sharing. BTW - welcome back.

gamve

Journeyman
There is a bit of a revolution/backtrack into Acoustat panels being direct driven here in Aussie. This was started and developed
by a friend of mine with the advent of a suitable direct driven amp being made available by Roger Modjeski in the US.
Have a read of this thread http://www.stereo.net.au/forums/ind...y-melbourne-hi-fi-odyssey-october-2013/page-3
I have an amp and a set of panels waiting in the wings....Lucky me

Bob Boyer

Tagline
---
Owned a pair of Spectra 11s, I believe, back in the early 90s. Thinner across the front than these with a cone woofer on the bottom for a hybrid setup. Still - amazing sound. The Wife Acceptance Factor was no good, however, and I eventually lost the battle. They were wonderful while I had 'em, though.