Acoustat proud owners

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Bob I'm a lucky man, the WAF around here is, ":If ya spend money on it, it has to sound better"

I would be curious to feel if the bass can push against you at moderate to loud passages such as those enjoyed by Lee and I as we listen to the serenading of Spongle at mach 8. I know the K-horns will knock you over and my JBLs will gut punch you like a 154 pound welterweight, but I've never heard the planar speaker at anything more than background or elevator music levels.

Mark
Hi Mark sorry for the late response my friend was in Munich for the show this year this cd could not be handled at very loud volume on most systems there but on the Acoustat Spectra 8800s NO PROBLEM and believe me when I say loud it's LOUD.:shock:

Dadawa     Sister Drum.jpg http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gd6DcuR8FWU

Sample = Home Without Shadow

Last edited:
Owned a pair of Spectra 11s, I believe, back in the early 90s. Thinner across the front than these with a cone woofer on the bottom for a hybrid setup. Still - amazing sound. The Wife Acceptance Factor was no good, however, and I eventually lost the battle. They were wonderful while I had 'em, though.
The Spectra 11s & 1100s where hybrids and in no way could compete with full range BUT still they where Acoustats, as for the W.A.F. i have been with Acoustats since 1984 and in my household it's my way or the highway excuse me i must go do the dishes, :happy7: now let's be serious maried for 45 years there are somethings that my wife doesn't like and there are things that i don't like, don't get me wrong i love my wife BUT she knows how audio is important to me and she would never tell me what i can or cannot have in OUR living room, i now live in a condo so my choice was easy the model 1+1 only 14x94x5 inches and 200 pounds.

MrAcoustat & Speaker.JPG

Last edited: