A Worthy Antenna

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
That was far enough over my head the missing 777 could have traversed and never seen it..

Lazarus Short

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
I'm the Red Knight, by grant of the Black
A bit of news...some time back, I bought a BIC Beambox at an audio meet, and was not impressed. Tried to sell it, but still have it. The other day, I set up the Proton 300/301 in the upstairs living room, and tried the AN200. No good. So...I tried the BIC. Very nice! Kansas Public Radio from Lawrence is coming in just fine, and that is about 55 miles away!

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
It's so no one will think I'm just a Grundig-paid troll. Oh, wait, this is a small, tight www forum, not AK. My bad...

On second thought, I'm a member at a www forum with a much smaller membership, and we regularly get posts offering bath/bed room hardware from the UK. Go figure...
Maybe their loos just suck compared to our plush toilet coozies, Laz.

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
I have a very nice conventional VHF/UHF 'weather vane' I got for $20 from a Mennonite couple who don't watch TV and it gets all but one very weak UHF LP that's very hard to get as well as my FM. EVEN the station with the Spanish, classic reruns and game shows.

As for AM, I live 1/4 mile from the oldies station and they simulcast on FM as well.

Life is good.

Lazarus Short

Tagline
Radio is very good if there is anything worth listening to, but too much chatter, ads and news/gnus. Would you believe I'm only using my a/d/s tuner for its four power outputs? Yeah, I pulled the antenna and interconnects, but have all my non-amp gear plugged into the back of it. It may be a way of saying I'm short of power strips.

Lazarus Short

Tagline
Barb and I have been in this house in Independence over four years, and I have only glanced at this antenna lead-in cable hanging from the attic over the garage. This afternoon, I pulled it down, and attached some more lead-in wire I bought many years ago to use at a rented house in West Plains. Attached to the Proton 300, it gave some really clean FM. Wow. I put the Beambox back in its box. Radio is done, and I have no idea what is up there in the attic...and I still have Radio Garden and NRK Radio.