A.N.T. Audio Kora 3T phono stage DIY interest?

A.N.T.

Journeyman
Tagline
Femtoamp- Volt- and Tape- nut.
I've designed the Kora 3T phono stage in 2008 and was making these for a number of years, stopping about 6-7 years ago. The top version - "Limited" was Product of the Year 2009 in its category in Hi-Fi World magazine. The full review is available from my website. I still have a number of PCBs and critical components (connectors, pots, FETs, even some Black Gate caps) for making the Kora 3T and if there is some interest in DIY, I will be willing to sell boards/kits. The board fits a standard Hammond case (1455K1201) available from usual places and needs 24V DC supply, a rechargeable battery is ideal but a good quality regulated 24V mains adapter should be fine. The circuit is available to download from my website.

Cheers

Alex

Attachments

vince666

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
I will not be missed! :p
WOW! I think I am interested, Alex.

I quite regretted of not getting a kit when you had made them available a few years ago, actually, then I do consider this as a really welcome surprise! :D

Cheers,

Vince.

mlucitt

Veteran and General Yakker
Alex, very good of you to offer the partial kits here, this is a worthwhile group, you will have lots of interest. What is your price point for one of your kits today?

A.N.T.

Journeyman
Tagline
Femtoamp- Volt- and Tape- nut.
Thank you, for the basic kit - a printed circuit board + related fittings (connectors and a potentiometer, the rest of parts can be bought from Mouser, etc), say £50 (UK Pounds) + delivery at cost (for the US/Europe it would be £25, other countries £30). I can probably offer transistors and Black Gate caps for the Limited version but need to determine the price. At least in theory I may offer a fully assembled and tested board (so only a case and a power supply needs to be added to the mix), again, the price would depend on the configuration. On the photo is a version of a kit assembly in a Hammond case (made in 2012 by shadowlord on TH, I don't have a better photo ready).

Cheers

Alex

Attachments

vince666

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
I will not be missed! :p
That's NICE.

I remember about shadowlord assembling the kit and that nice thread he made about it.

A basic kit should be sufficiently OK for my needs.
With the kind of cartridges here (which are mostly Shure ones) , I guess the SE version arranged for MM carts should do the trick nicely and, for sure, it will just be a vast improvement over the inbuilt phono stage in my integrated amplifier.

Cheers,

Vince.