A-B comparison, stock 400s2 vs WOPL’d 400s2

Tagline
Lifelong student / listening = bliss
Man, love that color -- that's a perfect example of positive displacement posing as fine art!

Q: In your photo, did you use the Seymour Cast Blast paint? FWIW I've used that on a few project cars, and I like using it where I'm trying to imply to the casual observer that a component like your blower was actually installed by the factory...and this is how it looked coming off the assembly line. :0)

Nice.

Last edited:

NeverSatisfied

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Play the Game, don’t be the Game
What an awesome day, Don wanted to play mad scientist and do some power and capacitance tests on one of my stock 400”s. He built a load tester using water heater elements, we tested it bone stock, then added some massive capacitors and tested again. The goal was to get some base line numbers and then test it against the WOPL 400. Unfortunately we had a glitch in the signal generator when we hooked up the WOPL and we unintentionally blew one of his DC protection board relays, so that was the end of testing. Still managed to have time for a steak dinner, plenty of cold snacks and a jam session, we finally ran out of gas at 3:30 am. Did I mention plenty of cold snacks? We plan on doing the tests again the next time our schedules sink to get the WOPL numbers and compare. It’s all just for fun and I am getting an education, what a great way to learn about these amps.
17D6B8A1-5A2F-4395-A39D-E445B1479860.jpeg 9E8EEE23-395E-439B-A7AA-B85232362EC9.jpeg B697C07D-4568-4118-923C-D54800A2C49B.jpeg

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
What an awesome day, Don wanted to play mad scientist and do some power and capacitance tests on one of my stock 400”s. He built a load tester using water heater elements, we tested it bone stock, then added some massive capacitors and tested again. The goal was to get some base line numbers and then test it against the WOPL 400. Unfortunately we had a glitch in the signal generator when we hooked up the WOPL and we unintentionally blew one of his DC protection board relays, so that was the end of testing. Still managed to have time for a steak dinner, plenty of cold snacks and a jam session, we finally ran out of gas at 3:30 am. Did I mention plenty of cold snacks? We plan on doing the tests again the next time our schedules sink to get the WOPL numbers and compare. It’s all just for fun and I am getting an education, what a great way to learn about these amps.
View attachment 61490 View attachment 61491 View attachment 61492
Don just really wanted to check out your screwdriver collection :)

NeverSatisfied

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Play the Game, don’t be the Game
You are getting there Spence. Mine is always a mess. Have to move one pile to another place to work on stuff. Too many simultaneous projects.
Yup, I am getting there and can see how quickly the projects pile up. You guys are good/bad influences.