A 700-Watt Amplifier Design, by Robert Carver

mlucitt

Veteran and General Yakker
Audio Magazine Volume 56 Number 2 February 1972 (25th year)
It took me awhile to re-type this article I had to take photos of the embedded pictures and save the images into the file. Worth a read though.

If anyone has an earlier (1970-1971) article on the PL700, I would like the link and be willing to retype it just like this one.

Attachments

Northwinds

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
Very interesting article that I could understand. Thank you for typing/sharing it

nakdoc

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
highly biased
Carver is making the case here for high power amps. At the time, 60 watt amps were all anybody needed! He is demonstrating that peak clipping does happen, and worse, clipping protection circuits can make nasty sounds. I believe there exists a more widely available Carver tome about "Why 350 watts is good for your speakers."

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Carver is making the case here for high power amps. At the time, 60 watt amps were all anybody needed! He is demonstrating that peak clipping does happen, and worse, clipping protection circuits can make nasty sounds. I believe there exists a more widely available Carver tome about "Why 350 watts is good for your speakers."
More is better...