6000 watts into 2 ohms.

wattsabundant

Chief Journeyman
Crown used to make an MA10,000 amp that was used to drive MRI's, They would do about 10kw into half an ohm. A friend of mine bought about a 100 of them. They ran on 208V, 3 phase power. output voltage was only about 50VRMS. I used one as a linear variable frequency source.

nakdoc

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
highly biased
My 1000 watt amp is painted orange and looks like a basketball. No reflections from any surface (but the won't stay in one place, that's why I haven't gone to market with them)

ByronDonald

New Around These Parts
Hi....you have to look at the amps spec sheet to see what it will really do into an 8ohm load over the whole 20hz-20khz spectrum on each channel. My suggestion is to buy the most expensive(highest quality) amp you can afford that will produce about 500w/ch, that will sound better and last longer than the cheapest thing you can find on the web.

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
Hi....you have to look at the amps spec sheet to see what it will really do into an 8ohm load over the whole 20hz-20khz spectrum on each channel. My suggestion is to buy the most expensive(highest quality) amp you can afford that will produce about 500w/ch, that will sound better and last longer than the cheapest thing you can find on the web.

Hey..... That would be a WOPL