400 Relay board conflicts

wattsabundant

Chief Journeyman
Referring to 400's, it has come to my attention that there is a conflict with the mounting of the relay board in conjunction with the White Oak back planes. The conflict involves the location of the decoupling caps on the back planes which must be bent to allow the relay board to be mounted. Fortunately there is a simple solution which uses standoffs to elevate the relay board above the back planes. Another advantage of using the standoffs allows for flexibility in substitutions of the input RCA jacks.

Future shipments of 400 relay boards will include the standoffs. Using them is optional if the back planes are not installed and there are no conflicts with input jacks. Anyone who has experienced this conflict may send me a PM and I'll mail the standoffs at no cost for domestic U.S. addresses. I'm not going to try to validate the original relay board purchase. Only a weenie would try to get something that they don't have a use for just because it's free. I don't think we allow those types here. If it is urgent or for international addresses, a trip to the local hobby shop may be a better alternative.

The standoff that I purchased is a 4-40 thread, 5/8" long, male/female ends. Mouser 4-40 standoff. They currently show 2 available as I bought all that they had. There are other options that include female/female and round vs. hex. All of them should work. Also, 1/2" length should work. Anything longer than 5/8" will be too long.

George S.

Veteran and General Yakker
Thanks Don, I appreciate the offer and the link. Think I'll just order some to retrofit my 400s when I place my next Mouser order if I decide I want them. They're fine as is now. Thanks.

Tagline
Born and Raised In The 700 Watt Club.
Blame the OCD-ers like me. I could have ignored it. It doesn't affect the amp working in ANY way. It's just a neatness issue. And yeah...the OCD is a problem. I'll probably end up dying on that mountain one day.........