300B

Skratch

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Life is short, so take your time
It's amazing. I only know of 2 people that admit voted for him, the rest won't admit it ?

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
DON"T THINK YOU WILL AGAIN??????????????????? YOU STILL HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT?????????

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Guys, if you can hold ff on buyin any speakers, skratch and I are working on something that ois supposed to blow my K-Horns away. Cool our jets and save you scheckles.DON"T bug skratch, he'll jus ignore any inquires. Should know in a couple weeks if those claims are correct.Due to certain legal aspects and some personal promises we can't say anything yet, but it's getting closer. The secod I can let the cat out of he bag I will. Hint--don't need corners.

ksrigg

Chief Journeyman
I'm waiting and watching too. You have two speaker hound dogs....really we are POINTERS....sitting by and watching...It's about time we do a new speaker project. These Linus Arrays are pretty freaking awesome, but they are NOT a full range speaker..ya gotta have a sub, and it would be nice to have a pair of chest thumping monsters that could do the Phas Linear justice...Don't get me wrong...with a sub in the mix, it's going to be hard to beat the sound of the Linus but I know it can be done. The more I look at and explore the La Scala the more I realize it does NOT do bass like we want. From what Bob Crites says, the CornScala hybrid he has designed does do the job, but I want that sexy waveguide hickey in the front of the speaker...I mean they gotta LOOK cool AND sound GREAT....Ay idea how these new speakers LOOK? Do they have an Fs in the 20's?

Skratch

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Dana Moore of Soniphase has come up with a new design folded horn that I am going to build. It can handle 600 watts RMS and 1200 peak. His patent is pending so I have to keep this low keyed until he lets me know. You can visit his website Soniphase to see what he builds. He also designed the Jamboree. He claims this new design will blow away Altec VOT Klipschorns and pretty much anything else. His new design is not on his website yet

Skratch

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Men I changed out my drivers in my altec VOT from 416a 16 ohm 30 watt to Eminence Kappa Pro 15 LF-2 8 ohm drivers 600 watt. I also changed the 5u4 rectifier tube to a GZ33 in my 60 watt tube monoblocks. It made a drastic change in the bias, had to turn it down over 200mv. It was night and day in the bass response, disconnected the 700 phase and the subwoofers don't need them anymore. I never thought that it would make that kind of difference

kevin

Forum Veteran and Hillbilly
Sutton, Is he saying that he changed the drivers in the VOT'S and now he doesnt need a sub ???????????? WOW !!! Love to hear that ! I always said that if you had bass on yours they would be UNREAL !!!!

Skratch

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Sutton, What drivers are you running in your VOT. Most of the older ones were 30 watt 416 and 803's. The 515G is good for 75 watts but lacks bass response

Skratch

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
With the old Altec 30 watt drivers they lacked bass like we listen too. At low levels like Mach 1 & 2 they were fine. Anything above they could not handle the power, thats why I used a subwoofer. With the high power drivers they really come alive !!!!! Also when changing drivers you should brace up the cabinets