3 WOPL's in the pipeline (+1)

K-5BLAZER

Journeyman
Tagline
square body cause I dint want a plastic 4x4
thats really cool and out of the box thinking I like it. this hybrid wopl you speak of will be a beast I am shure.

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Lee, do you remember what Joe said about the 700B meters? I thought he said they were 200ua full scale DC. I'm going to dick around with the meters I just bought (Jewell model 75TB and thats what they are).
1000uA full scale. Some of the more modern meters have moved to a 650uA full scale standard.

Geegz

Journeyman
Tagline
---there is no replacement for displacement
1000uA full scale. Some of the more modern meters have moved to a 650uA full scale standard.
Do the 400 meters have the same movement and scale? I know the swing is reverse, ratted out 400’s are pretty abundant

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Joe, can anything be done to the meter to be able to use it (a resistor??)?
Do you have different meters Perry? Clear this up for me. The resistor in series with the meter tunes the sensitivity. You can make any sensitivity meter work by fiddling with the series resistor values.

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
Do you have different meters Perry? Clear this up for me. The resistor in series with the meter tunes the sensitivity. You can make any sensitivity meter work by fiddling with the series resistor values.

Yeah Joe, different meters I'm playing with. They are 200ua FS. I'd like to try some series resistors to bring them in line with the amp output.

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Start with 5X the normal 1.8K (9.1K) and 22K (110K) resistors then Perry. It should get you in the ballpark and you can fine tune thereafter.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Start with 5X the normal 1.8K (9.1K) and 22K (110K) resistors then Perry. It should get you in the ballpark and you can fine tune thereafter.

Joe, are you talking about replacing the resistors on the Light board or just installing that size Inside the meter?.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Of course, I'm not knocking the stoners. I was known to partake about every other hour back in the day. Now? I don't need help with sleeping OR eating chocolate chip cookies.

HUH?

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
The last 2 of the 4 are nearing completion. I have been milking these long enough. I should have them completed this week (even though Jeff's will be sitting on the shelf for a while).

Mine (700B Series II Hybrid)

Z1.jpg

Jeffs Series II

Z2.jpg