3 WOPL's in the pipeline (+1)

BigSkyCory

Journeyman
Tagline
---
Hello. I have a crazy idea after seeing some cool parts on eBay, the 700b heavy duty chassis that is. Is it possible or just a waste of time and money to convert a 700 into a 700b WOPL?

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
Take the transformer off the 700, buy a shitload of parts from Joe, and chuck the rest in the dumpster. You don't need meters to listen to music

BigSkyCory

Journeyman
Tagline
---
Interesting. Any rough idea how much that would cost for the parts and labor to do that? I can solder but don’t want to try it.

Last edited:

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Interesting. Any rough idea how much that would cost for the parts and labor to do that? I can solder but don’t want to try it.

Just the parts, by the time you get done buying the chassis/heat sinks, DCP, all the boards, new RCA's, speaker jacks, light board, outputs, WIRE, Rectifier, knobs, buttons switches, feet, bulk caps, silpads you are over $1000 in just parts. If you know what you are doing, it's about 40 hours of labor (or months if you don't).

BigSkyCory

Journeyman
Tagline
---
I got a 700 series 1 want a 700b WOPL, just trying to figure out the best way to do it. Buying a 700b off eBay and sending it to you, or buy all the parts from Joe and have you build it. Should have started a new thread, sorry for that.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
I got a 700 series 1 want a 700b WOPL, just trying to figure out the best way to do it. Buying a 700b off eBay and sending it to you, or buy all the parts from Joe and have you build it. Should have started a new thread, sorry for that.

Good luck trying to get a good price on a 700B off the Bay. You should have grabbed a WOPL when I bought the core amps the other day. I even posted that "They will not last long".