3 WOPL's in the pipeline (+1)

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
Damn, didn't realize how much STUFF it takes to do a build like this. It's been a while since I had 3 amps to build (And another next week). Three 700B's and a 700 Series II and I do believe I'm going to be due for a vacation when this is all over. This isn't ALL the parts either. I already stripped one amp, and the other 3 I'll strip on Monday/Tuesday. Looks like I'll be a soldering MOFO this weekend. I got transformers to clean and paint, a half a million 3" wires to dress and tin, meter boards and 6 back plane boards to build, 3 control boards to build, analog meters to clean and prep, DCP's to finish, switches to.............................

One of our new members (Crestwood23 who's name is Tyler), will be the proud owner of one of these 700B's built in the traditional scheme with a silver faceplate handles and knobs, and warm white lighting (I couldn't talk him into Lime green). Guess I'll document the builds at the same time and blow this thread UP.

woplparts2.jpg woplparts1.jpg

Northwinds

Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
Oh, I sent you a PM Perry about Tyler. Did not realize he already joined but glad i could help you sell another amp. I hate just using phone to get around internet

MarkWComer

Tagline
Victim of the record bug since age five
An auto- feed soldering iron might make that go faster!

But... silly me! You probably have one already...

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Thanks- I wondered about that. My nephew tried to talk me into getting one but I thought I was doing just fine with what I had. It all boils down to technique, I suppose.

I was just kidding. Who, if they know what they are doing, would actually use one of those things. Silly

Even an "Auto Feed" won't help if ya can't solder wortha squirt...................

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
I just got the 3 pairs of back planes completed and cleaned. In the morning I'll put them under the microscope for a good "Look See", and I'll start working on those beautiful Dual Mono Control Boards. Running a day behind schedule being the resident Nurse here at the house. I managed to get all the donor/core amps stripped down so I have a pile of work to do. Don't let me forget. I have a working original 700B stashed under the bench. Getting old has SOME advantages...... You never know what you'll find down the road.... OH Yeah!!! I forgot I had that. :) Who'd complain about finding a 700B under the bench behind the empty 12 pack and and the bodies???

Pics coming tomorrow.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
I'm whittling away at the Pile 'O Parts (Even though I did put in another order with Joe). I'm seeing cross-eyed now..... Man, I still get a woody when I get to see these chassis' of Joe's......

Tyler will be rocking the neighborhood in no time.

I get to refurb 4 or 5 transformers today

Tyler2.jpg Tyler1.jpg Tyler3.jpg

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Anybody have a Black 700 Series II faceplate in nice condition that they would like to trade for a Silver New Old Stock 700 Series II face plate in perfect condition??? I have a customer who wants a black face plate so he wants to Take one of these NOS beautiful silver face plates and Powder Coat it. I think that's crazy to ruin a perfect original so I'll trade for a NICE black Series II face. I don't even have one in good enough condition to use since they have extra holes from dumb-asses rigging up a rack.....

mlucitt

I saw that jig you made and it reminded me of the "Laatsch Ledge" (the PVC pipe slotted to hold the faceplates upright). I made one and it was the third hand I needed in the old days while setting the bias on the 700B...

Wheel-right

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Man, Ya shoulda been here yesterday