2 new to me PL-700b

Bretthammy

New Around These Parts
Nice! Yeah, I definitely wanted that 4000, but it went for more than I was going to pay, really just for the looks of a matching set. Was Stoked (pun intended) when I saw that gear on Stokes site, I watch a ton of their auctions and rarely find any deals like that!

Are you keeping both of the 700s? I think I’m going to sell one after correcting the latching up, and then go full WOPL on the other. To get the wife to authorize my spending I had to make sure I can make the money back, but honestly one 700 is more power than I will likely ever use, since it will be in a 200 square foot room for stereo use.

Bretthammy

New Around These Parts
Just checking-in here, I picked up the other two 700Bs at the same auction for WOPL conversions. Nice to see the University S7’s and other two 700Bs are staying local :) I wonder who picked up the 700B faceplate and PL4000?
Just curious, what was the most you were going to spend on 2 700Bs…the impulse spender in me wanted to try and just keep bidding until I got all four

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
You can see the write up for the relay board on EBAY. 700B output relay. If the power switch is a smallish Arrow Hart type, I have a solidstate (triac) with PCB that uses the existing power switch to control the triac. The triac does the heavy lifting. The Arrow Hart switch is nearly impossible to find.
I have 6 NOS Arrow Hart power switches, 3 flat sided shafts and 3 round shafts. I have another handful of them that I used for testing all from the same batch I bought some years ago. I'm unloading some of my stash of 700B/II parts and am willing to trade for some WOPL parts to finish this Pro700. I'm listing what I have and what I need in the "For Sale Section" and decided to offer trades before I send my wallet to Joe. I got a few hard to find items. I'll list them shortly if anybody is interested.

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
I have 6 NOS Arrow Hart power switches, 3 flat sided shafts and 3 round shafts. I have another handful of them that I used for testing all from the same batch I bought some years ago. I'm unloading some of my stash of 700B/II parts and am willing to trade for some WOPL parts to finish this Pro700. I'm listing what I have and what I need in the "For Sale Section" and decided to offer trades before I send my wallet to Joe. I got a few hard to find items. I'll list them shortly if anybody is interested.

Screw it.... I just sent my wallet to Joe. The wife is out of town for a week so decided I better pull the trigger. Besides, I been moving this paperweight from one spot to another and decided If I WOPL'd it, I wouldn't have to move it around again.