White Oak Audio Design - Model ONE 1000 Watt Stereo Amplifier

mlucitt

Veteran and General Yakker
I think they're all that way. I own 3 of them. All with new belts and lubed and still, If you don't leave cd in, you have to tap the door.
I wish that was in the Manual, or someone told me about it. I took the cover off several times looking for an answer why the CD Tray would not open. I finally figured out there are magnets on the Upper and Lower CD Clamps to hold the CD in place while it is playing. With no CD in the Tray, the magnets are closer together and the mechanism cannot pull them apart when the Tray starts to open.
With a CD in the Tray, the magnets are spaced apart by the thickness of the CD; and they come apart easily and the Tray can slide open.
Hence my sticker.

mlucitt

But wait! There is more. True to Joe's tagline - "Always working on making it better..." Joe has shipped me two upgrade board kits to assemble and install in my WOA Model ONE.
The first upgrade board kit is Revision C of the Power Control Board. The major change is the substitution of a massive Power Inlet Board Connector. It is the blue connector in the picture below and it allows up to 12 Gauge Power Wiring for the 120VAC Input.
WOA Model ONE Rev C Power Control Board Kit.jpg

The second upgrade board kit is Revision G of the VU Meter Control Board. This upgrade eliminates the Meter LED Lighting pulsating when listening at Mach 10 levels. A new PCB wiring protocol was required and this is the result. You can see from the revisions that Joe has been busy making the WOA Model ONE a true audiophile amplifier while kicking out 550 Watts per channel. Not many amplifiers have that capability.
WOA Model ONE Rev G VU Meter Control Kit.jpg

mlucitt

"Look at the size of that thing!" And yes, size does matter. I think I could get a 10 Gauge AC Power Wire into that blue connector.
Note also that the Lower Right Mounting Hole is plated for Grounding via a 1.5uF/200V Panasonic Film Capacitor.
06 Rev C Power Control Board Rear.jpg

Joe added a second LED to confirm relay operation as well. Things for the WOA Mode ONE Amplifier just keep getting better. But the big news is that due to wiring changes, the meter lighting does not dim when the amplifier volume hits Mach 10 anymore.
05 Rev C Power Control Board.jpg

mlucitt

Here is the updated Rev G Meter Board for the White Oak 1000 (front and back). The layout is a little different, but the real improvement is onboard voltage regulation to keep the Meter LEDs at the same brightness regardless of the power supply sag during heavy demands.
The Rev G also features some Wima film capacitors and Terminal Board 2 re-oriented for better wire management.

I keep wondering, can the WOA Model ONE Amplifier get any better?
03 Rev G Meter Board Upgrade.jpg