Pics of your Favorite Cassette Tapes

Northwinds

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
All the NOS Metal tapes I find always have some wierd white crud on them

I wish I could come across a nice stash of the old school SA-X 90s... I would be more inclined to tape more. I am slowly working on a Heavy Metal mix tape for Doug but all I have on hand are NOS Maxell UDII CD 110s... says assembled in Mexico so they are probably not that great but at least they are still wrapped. Anybody here familiar with them?

Northwinds

Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
Stick to good Cro2's or good quality Ferric's...
You don't really need a Metal tape to let it sound right.
I have not used Metal tapes since the 80s, I prefer the Cr02 SA-X tapes but since I have not had any in 20 years, I have not been recording at all LOL

BubbaH

Tagline
---
I have not used Metal tapes since the 80s, I prefer the Cr02 SA-X tapes but since I have not had any in 20 years, I have not been recording at all LOL
There's lots of other good brands of tape out there Ron. Sony, Maxell, BASF, and TDK all have good tapes.

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
I rarely use Type IV cassettes much for mix tape exchanges. Part of the reason, is I haven't bothered to build up my inventory of metal tapes, but I have been building up my stock of Type 1s. There are Type 11 tapes that can give all that's needed to record an excellent mix tape. If I had more, the Fuji FR Metal would be one of the tapes I like the best of what I own and would love to record on for a member. The Sony Metal XR is also an excellent tape that I have had good results with.

Nando.