My Crowns...My Toys!

Tagline
---
Take a look of some of my Crown collection and other toys. Actually I have 5 D-150 and 2 DC-300. I have the cabinets too. Some other toys are displayed as well. Crown 3.jpg Crown 4.jpg Crown 5.jpg Crown 6 Spares.jpg Toys.jpg

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Nice! It seems you have multiple set-ups in different parts of your home. Which is your favourite sytem you spend the most time listening to? I haven't got any Crown equipment, but most who own them say they are well built.

Nando.

Tagline
---
Nice! It seems you have multiple set-ups in different parts of your home. Which is your favourite sytem you spend the most time listening to? I haven't got any Crown equipment, but most who own them say they are well built.

Nando.
Yes Nando, I have several systems around home. My main system is the one where the 2 Crowns are on the floor. They are bi-amping my Tannoys DMT 15 System II. My bedroom system is missing and it's composed of a Jolida 202 tube integrated with a pair of Thiel 1. I use it for Pandora playback with my iphone. As a matter of fact: all my systems has a line to hook up the iphone.

Elite-ist

Staff member
If I ever get around to completing my rec room, I want to make it my media room. My best friend has already promised me his 96" projection video system and wants to help me build the A/V system. I plan to use a lot of my stored components for a functioning vintage display.

Nando.

Tagline
---
If I ever get around to completing my rec room, I want to make it my media room. My best friend has already promised me his 96" projection video system and wants to help me build the A/V system. I plan to use a lot of my stored components for a functioning vintage display.

Nando.
I have a new Sharp 70" LED TV on my home theater. I still use a Denon receiver for the 7.1 decoding. Speakers still Klipsch powered towers for front. Klipsch C-7 center and Klipsch surrounds. The speaker system has been with me for 10 years now and I feel I'm ok with it. Before the Denon, I used a Harman Kardon. The Klispch are so efficient that I don't need multiple amps for my theater. :bounce:

Tagline
---
This is how it looks... Tannoy System 15 DMT II, bi amped by a Crown DC 300 and D 150 Series II. Above the Tannoys are 2 Mordaunt Short that I recently fixed and were testing.

Attachments

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
What percentage of work is recorded to digital masters as opposed to tape masters??

Elite-ist

Staff member
Very interesting bit of history, El. Perhaps, you've told me before, but I hadn't remembered you were in a band, or spent time recording, professionally. No wonder you have lots of gear.

Nando.

Tagline
---
Very interesting bit of history, El. Perhaps, you've told me before, but I hadn't remembered you were in a band, or spent time recording, professionally. No wonder you have lots of gear.

Nando.
Also remember that by the end of the 90's I used to have a High End Audio store. We represented Golden Tube, Jolida, Arcam, Cambridge Audio, YBA, LAT, Klipsch, Mordaunt Short and the now defunct line Paragon speakers. At the end we also had Harman Kardon for Home Theater mostly. We sold a lot of Golden Tube but theye were so un-reliable.