fitz43's Phase Linear 700 B White Oak Conversion

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Yeah Joe, still in the probationary period. If you look closer the one on the right has the smaller ones, actually the small ones look better on the Spec 2.

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
I agree, the large ones pull it off fine on the DC300 but the Spec 2 has them too close together to support the big ones.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Still rockin the cave with the Doug 700. Doug i think you're gonna like this one too. Good match for the Larrt 700. Took out the repaired woof in one of my 'horns---DAYAM<!!

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
I was rather harsh on a Crites 1526C woofer in one of the K-Horns about a month ago.The lead wire going from the L-Pad to the voice coil is intermitten--well it was till halfway through tonight. Time to order a couple spare woofs. So it was a DAYAM of only half my bass was here.

NavLinear

Veteran and General Yakker
I was rather harsh on a Crites 1526C woofer in one of the K-Horns about a month ago.The lead wire going from the L-Pad to the voice coil is intermitten--well it was till halfway through tonight. Time to order a couple spare woofs. So it was a DAYAM of only half my bass was here.
Does that mean you're half b-ass?

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Doug, the LED's arrived today. While the guinea pig takes it's turn on the horns, we'll tackle that project.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Doug, this one is going to be excellent. Every hour it plays it just gets better. I'm likin it----A LOT. Takes a few hours for the caps to really sound better, and as Joe said it is a real condition and can be measured and verified. Electrolytic caps sound better as they are reformed from storage. Audio grade caps are no exception. You're gonna love what this thing sounds like now.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Got the LED's changed out, The power switch took some modification. Over the years the last 3 threads have been ate up necessitating moving the switch TOWARDS the faceplate. Exactly the opposite direction to get some space between the switch detent plate and the soldered LED leads. After careful consideration( a couple "Aw F^%$ it'll fit") and the Dremel cut off blade we're in business.
Also Doug the rest of the Knobbed goodies weren't lining up evenly accross the width of the plate. Custom cut some shims to go under the pot knobs, and thge meter range switch, and then had to counter bore the power switch knob. I think it turned out very well. THEY DO NOT TOUCH, but a close fit. And it won't be hard to reset the clearance, drop the knobs on the switches and tighten set screw
I like the amber color. Looks much better in person than in the pics.

Attachments