Help an Audio Junkie break his habit

gamve

Journeyman
I have literally got no room to move. Help me please.......
Please note most is 240V 50Hz gear.

No Details or photos just a list for now. Contact me if your interested

Townshend rock Elite TT Mk I, Merlin power supply, Rega 300 OL all mods superb sound

Townshend Rock Elite TT Mk I No Arm no power supply good project

Thorens TD150 heavily modified, separate high quality power supply, Grace 707, AT OC9 MC Cartridge sh!ts on all linn LP12's I have heard except Andy Redwoods

Micro Seiki BL91 good nick 2 new drive belts Syrnix PU3 arm but rough abortion on armboard (I got ot like this) No cart

Garrard 401 reasonably clean but needs mechanical restore (They all do)

Garrard 301 Cream Grease Bearing + Brand new Aslan base (This could be superb)

Tannoy Lancaster Genuine cabs much modded with HPD385's great nick but refoam of drivers due in next couple of years (cones are mint as are the boxes)

Several TT arms ASK.

More than several MC and MM Cartridges ASK

Ortofon SUT T-2000 35db gain, silver coils, Mu-metal shielding, cast iron casing, ways a ton, exceptional sound and this is worth a bomb

Dennon SUT AU-340 yep good as well books box and all

Ortofon T-10 good starter SUT

ZYX CPP-1 Step up (Class 1 component) this is the bees knees not sure I want to part with this (110V)
AND
ZYX Artisan full MC MM + Phono stage, again exceptional cost a bomb when new. (110V) This is only just bettered by my VA unit which is going nowhere.

Tannoy later 15" drivers ceramic magnet type in good solid cabinets with large sand filled box stands. These are faster and cleaner than the HPD's but lack a bit of bass and ...well they ain't got Alnico magnets.

Pair 10" Coral flat ten drivers nice condition.

Several top model Nakamichi Cassette decks. Sleepers of the audio world... you can laugh, but it's true
600, 682ZX, ZX7 & 9's, Dragon (fully recoed but broken posts in freight)

Tandberg Cassette decks TD310 MKII & TCD440

1000's of blank high quality cassette tapes new and used. chrome/metal/good ferrics, Maxell/TDK/Dennon/Sony/Hitachi lots of others

Teac X2000M R2R 1/4" 1/2 track also 1/4 track playback in absolute mint condition

Teac X2000 R2R machine for repair most work done new DC capstan motor and belts All functions except play.

Revox PR99 Brought from SNA Advertised as mint...yeah sure. Big box of spares with it goes ok but needs heads also has a infra red remote brand new.

Otari MX5050 BII Great nick, great sound. This is the one for your tape project fetish

several DBX 200 switcher units

Burson audio Buffer 160 RCA or whatever it is. MINT

Yaoqin audio buffer tube unit

LCY100 Ribbon Tweeters (Ozmillsy's got em at the moment) good units

Roger Modjesky EL84 Push Pull Amp model RM10. Reliable tough 35WPC amp that is tough to beat.

Sansui AUX1. Fully recoed a few years back. Best SS integrated Sansui ever made Nearly 30kg. 180W RMS with slew rates that will blow your mind and a 14 FET MM/MC phono stage that is just excellent

ME200 power amp. Goes but I never really got into it

Proton 1150 50WPC amp Big Meters Bigger sound, three mosfet rails provide 200WPC peaks no sweat. Full dual mono construction. I reckon this is one of the best SS amps ever made and is a classic sleeper.

Marantz CD94 MKII. Very clean unmolested unit with remote. let down a bit by 89 single crown chips but hell you know you want it as a transport

Phillips CD960 ready to go I2S outputs. Fully gone over by Danny Digital (Thanks Danny) Tricord clock fitted Bla Bla Bla.

Pioneer PD77 stand alone CD Player much modded by someone who knew what they were doing (not me
. Best stand alone player I have ever heard bar none. (Extra large offer required for this one) still not far behind The TL1 + KD combination.

Klark Technic analog active crossover (will need to dig out the details on this)

This is just the stuff at home....there is a lot more stored at work

Happy reading

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
Dudes if there anything you even think you may like. I forgot the 91 came with an arm. LOL I was presently surprised. Some very high end stuff. Graham is fair. This is an opportunity. He isn't out to take you to the bank. I have known him a long time. The more you ship the cheaper it is. You will never see a list like this in one place for sale all at once again. If you do let me know.

NavLinear

Veteran and General Yakker
Gawd - I wish I knew what half that shit was - I'm way behind the power curve in audio. Slowly some of this is sinking in.

Besides your asking price what would one expect for shipping, fondling and import fees?

speakerman1

Tagline
Gawd - I wish I knew what half that shit was - I'm way behind the power curve in audio. Slowly some of this is sinking in.

Besides your asking price what would one expect for shipping, fondling and import fees?
What are you looking for? I hate to jinx myself. On little things I have never been hit with import fees. On the big stuff I get hit with broker fees to deal with customs. Never had any duties. I have sent things to the UK and they got hit with them on just little things. Oh Graham is Micro 120 volt. For it I will buy another transformer. LOL

gamve

Journeyman
What are you looking for? I hate to jinx myself. On little things I have never been hit with import fees. On the big stuff I get hit with broker fees to deal with customs. Never had any duties. I have sent things to the UK and they got hit with them on just little things. Oh Graham is Micro 120 volt. For it I will buy another transformer. LOL
Larry the Micro is 240V 50Hz. Not sure but I think you need a bit more than a stepup transformer to get the frequency correct.

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
HI FF
Have a shit load of HD8's
Gettng a trio of them soon, if they're as nice as the TDK HS-X I found in a lot at the local auction I might like some more. Think Lee is going to fix up a pre for me :) tapes sound good.

I have two Pioneer SX-D7000s too, so maybe I ought to entertain my long standing curiousity about Moving Coil.

Last edited:

speakerman1

Tagline
I'm pretty sure it is a DC motor so freq.s won't mater. Which is cool. You had me going. I kept wondering how I was using the UK deck I have and it worked. Some TTs have AC motors. I could always go with a 120 volt outboard PSU or speed control. I keep looking at that Thorens with the Grace arm. I'm in to much as it is. LOL I can say this. By being a member here I have gotten to buy gear I could only dream of. You are some cool people. Graham You have some nice stuff. Those battery-passive MC amps are very nice and not cheap. I was reading about you fixing the plaster platter. Some searches this posting is NO.1. The one with the strange arm is pretty cool. Got any top end metals. I need one of each. You know which ones. TDK, Maxell,Sony, and 3M. I forget the names. One is clear with metal frame. TDK? What do you have at work? LOL Really I don't want to know. Glad the stock market has been climbing. That is the only good thing with the printing more money.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Nav, your a chest man, course an ass that bounces like that just might convert a feller.

NavLinear

Nav, your a chest man, course an ass that bounces like that just might convert a feller.
Maybe this is why:

A blonde, a red head and a brunette were competing in the Huron River Breast Stroke Championships. The redhead won and the brunette came in second. However, there was no sign of the final contestant. Hours and hours went by causing grave concern and worry. Just as everyone was losing hope, the blonde finally arrived. The crowd was extremely happy and relieved to see her. They embraced the woman as she came ashore. After all of the excitement died down, she leaned over to the judge and whispered, "I hate to be a bad loser, but I think those other girls used their arms."