Hints and Tricks for the new software

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
How come when I post in a thread and search for new posts the thread doesn't appear? It does appear at the top in the list in my posts though:alien:

Last edited:

jbeckva

Admin/Server Dude MAA Guy
Staff member
Tagline
WassupYa Mang?
That works but is more work than it ought to be. New posts should list new posts from newest to oldest.
Yeah, still trying to figure this new posts thing out a bit so bear with me. There are other options to try but lemme read up on em a bit.. :study:

yah yah... skins back... aiight... soon, will be soon.. heheh

jbeckva

Staff member
Tagline
WassupYa Mang?
Well, strangely enough there's a setting for the sidebar, hmmm... The setting name is this here (no kidding.. it really is.. )..

"Leave this setting alone"

Hmmm.. so I didn't leave it alone and switched it... dunno what it does but I imagine we'll find out shortly, eh? :thumbright:

ALSO... if you notice up top the menu option called "User Control Panel" has been expanded to include many typical options for ya's like changing avatars, passwords, etc... I think I'm going to consolidate that some more, along those lines...

jbeckva

Staff member
Tagline
WassupYa Mang?
Well, strangely enough there's a setting for the sidebar, hmmm... The setting name is this here (no kidding.. it really is.. )..

"Leave this setting alone"

Hmmm.. so I didn't leave it alone and switched it... dunno what it does but I imagine we'll find out shortly, eh? :thumbright:

ALSO... if you notice up top the menu option called "User Control Panel" has been expanded to include many typical options for ya's like changing avatars, passwords, etc... I think I'm going to consolidate that some more, along those lines...
AHHH... "leave this setting alone".. MY FOOT...

I think I just made it where new posts are going to immediately appear in the sidebar instead of once an hour. Now if I can just figure out why the same thing doesn't apply for "My posts" .....

jbeckva

Staff member
Tagline
WassupYa Mang?
Yep the side bar is pretty cool:thumbleft: Smileys are still pretty cumbersome, but whadda ya want fir nothing.
Well hold on there, padnah... I agree on the smilies, but what do we needta do to get them straight? I'm thinking here... might need to rearrange as there are so many, so that the better more popular ones show first. There are few other settings I can tweak too.

jbeckva

Staff member
Tagline
WassupYa Mang?
Well hold on there, padnah... I agree on the smilies, but what do we needta do to get them straight? I'm thinking here... might need to rearrange as there are so many, so that the better more popular ones show first. There are few other settings I can tweak too.
(err... like this?)

Made more of 'em visible at a time... that whatchoo mean, mon? :toothy3:

jbeckva

Staff member
Tagline
WassupYa Mang?
Hmm.. so I found another one of those suspicious "don't do this without vBulletin support telling you to" type of settings and flipped 'er around. NOW... let's see if this post here shows immediately under My Posts...

Also... consolidated all the searches into a submenu... Like it or hate it??

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
The most useful if you stop in everyday, however if you skip a few days you will want to click on new posts.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
I like the instant new posts feature, can the shaded forum indicators be tied to that? Meaning the indicator that says there are unread posts be faster to go to no unread posts mode?

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
In the CoolIce skin, PMs the Title/Sender...line the words are grey and washed out against the background whereas the / and dropdown arrow are black. White or black might suffice...I have issues with how the dropdowns are greyed out on several of these sites anyhow. Grey=unavailable in Windows parlance.

Thanks and the SA is doing great so far, not on speakers yet but I'm not doing that in the middle of Paul McCartney and Dave Matthews Band yet...headphones for the moment.

Last edited: