Bruce 75 (yesterday)

Tagline
Fabricator
Thanks Jim, yes, how time flies.
I remember very well, when Springsteen was on the covers of Time and Newsweek, the same week (October 27, 1975).
I was in college, and read all of the weekly magazines (Time, Newsweek, Look, Life etc.) and wondered then, "Who is this guy?"
49 years later, I know the answer to that question.

Bruce-Springsteen-Time-Newsweek-675x450.jpg

Now that's what i call 'longevity'.

By the way, idk if it's the same over there in Murrca, but here in Europe I just noticed the rapid and unexplainable extinction of....bands.
There are NO bands in the music charts, for what the shitty charts are worth in any case.
Save for the hideous and lamentable Coldplay and some 'historical' bands' re-releases the pop music charts are almost exclusively populated by solo artists. Same there? I suspect it might be.

Bands were everywhere until relatively recently. In my day (mid-80's on) it was mostly bands we'd go to see play live; The Fall, Sonic Youth, Young Gods, Stone Roses, James, Wedding Present, Pink Floyd, Cabaret Voltaire, Bolt Thrower, The Pogues, My Bloody Valentine, The Woodentops, Cud, to name but a very few. I could go on. There was a peppering of solo acts; David Sylvian, A Guy Called Gerald, Gary Numan (but then he/they were actually a band), ...and..... yeah can't think of many right now. Oh yeah; Van Morrison. But he/they were also really a band
Anyway, you get my drift right.
Where the hell did bands disappear to?? Where are the new bands smashing up hotels, getting shitfaced or high before a gig, being arrested after the gig, fighting with the support band before/during/after the gig. Can you imagine Harry fkg Styles getting caught doing a cheeky line off a hooker's thigh? No, neither can I.
Rock n roll is over. Sadly.

Bob Boyer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
Thanks Jim, yes, how time flies.
I remember very well, when Springsteen was on the covers of Time and Newsweek, the same week (October 27, 1975).
I was in college, and read all of the weekly magazines (Time, Newsweek, Look, Life etc.) and wondered then, "Who is this guy?"
49 years later, I know the answer to that question.

View attachment 83489
Born To Run was the other bookend to 1975 of my days on the Red Bank FM radio station. Every song worth playing, which we did with a vengence. Bob Seger's Beautiful Loser was the other one that woke me up.