Funny pictures...

MarkWComer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Victim of the record bug since age five
Yes, and I remember when they were 35 cents a pack !!!!
Guess I am that old :oops:
My dad would give me 50¢ and send me to the drug store. I came home with his Marlboro reds, two Hershey bars, and two cents in my pocket.

I also remember putting 65¢ into those vending machines,
and when the pack came out there were two pennies taped to it.

VSAT88

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
I remember smokers talking: “ I’ll quit when it hits a buck a pack”
I was one of them.
I can still hear the sound those machines made.

No wonder it was so hard to resist- everything about smoking was cool. Now you put a battery in…
Yep, that is what I do. Twin 18650's

Alex SE

Journeyman
Tagline
Amateur
My dad would give me 50¢ and send me to the drug store. I came home with his Marlboro reds...
As an amateur teen smoker, I was more "exploring" different brands like Dunhill, Rothmans and others. Later at high school we were smoking Lucky Strike, Winston 100s, French well known Gauloises and Gitanes both with and without filter and some others :) In that time Marlboro was about 25 deutche mark (dont know how much it was in USD) at duty free.
My final choice was Marlboro red but switched it to Light after many years bcs I was smoking a pack/day.
I quit smoking 10 years ago when reached a carton/week. Had a difficult to bread sometimes when lying in bed and it was a sad warning to me. Sad because I really like a smell of cigarette smoke.
Funny thing, I was always smoking a Marlboro which was made in some of European countries but never could find original from US. I quit in april 2014. and 2 months later I went on vacation, first time to US and original Marlboro was everywhere :( Even some kinds that we dont have in EU. With the other words, I was never smoking original American Marlboro :( :( :(

Yes, and I remember when they were 35 cents a pack !!!!
Guess I am that old :oops:
I smoked from my late teens until my late 20's when I replaced the cost of it with a mortgage and car payments. Well something had to be sacrificed.
5 years later I ended up in hospital for 3 months with pericarditis. In the first week I was having cat-scans of my heart/lungs and I was convinced it was lung disease - all those years of smoking had caught up with me. Or so I thought.
The consultant radiologist came and spoke to me and I wheezed 'So, I suppose this is from smoking for 10 years?'
He replied quizzically 'Well, we don't see any evidence from the scans that you were ever a smoker. But you like a drink don't you?'
lol
Got off lightly I think. Liver's still doing ok too.