Grundig GA1000 w&F meter

Any love or experience for the Grundig GA1000 here?

One has popped up for sale and looks to be in good shape cosmetically. Reasonable asking price.
I use Alex's WFGUI software predominantly and it's a decent bit of kit for a freebie.
The ex nuclear engineer in me is always looking for redundancy however, so it would be nice to have at least another one or two devices in the toolbox for comparisons/checks etc. I know different meters are weighted differently and I think WFGUI may be on the 'sympathetic' side of measurements.
Does the GA1000 have a self-calibration routine or does it need to be calibrated manually? I assume the latter.

ga1000.png
IMG_20240331_210253_1.jpg

George S.

Veteran and General Yakker
Chris, the only Grundig gear I ever see for sale in the US are radios, primarily portable short wave.
The old Leader wow and flutter meters seem most common.

Here's a Ampex unit in Greece.
Really cool, but a huge project to restore and alignment documentation is probably non-existentant.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2965230570...NB_S8D7Qg2&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
Yeah I did spot that one while scouting around with hifishark.
looks like it's led a hard life indeed.
like the 19inch rack size if that's actually what it is.
the grundig one looks nice so i made a cheeky offer. The vu meter on it is about the biggest I've seen. Ideal for these tired old eyes