Under your equipment

Lazarus Short

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
I'm the Red Knight, by grant of the Black
This audiophile takes special care for the turntable, placing it on a rigid support, on a concrete floor, with added mass in the form of a slab of plexiglass.

I also have my Blu-ray player on sorbothane pucks and with weight on top - not sure if that has much effect.

8991XJ

Chief Journeyman
This is odd but I get the blackest background with the whitest precipitation covering the house and neighborhood to the point of no one is out and about.

What is under the gear doesn't make anywhere near as much difference.

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
OMG. I can't drink either with this diabetes.

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Some audiophiles use Dawn's Depot maple butcher block. 21"x21"x3" for $160.00 You can read the reviews on Audio Asylum and other forums.
Some audiophiles use a cheaper solution IKEA Aptitlig butcher block . 17.75"x14.25"x1.25" for $19.99

http://www.theaudiobeat.com/blog/ikea_aptitlig.htm
I don't see how that works when one has three drawers under it (Thomasville entertainement tower at over 6 feet tall) and it's a wood floor and hollow below in the foundation with only joists and insulation before the dirt. 1/2 inch polyurethane? padding can't help, you just have to set it up as good as you can, keep the volume down and stay away.

Lazarus Short

Tagline
I'm the Red Knight, by grant of the Black
The other day, I moved the wand clock back to the bedroom - but I had to do something about (((((VIBRATION))))). The wand zips back and forth, and made noise when put on the DVD player. This time, I put down first a thick, heavy BOOK. It worked like a charm. Then I remembered that I placed a large world atlas under the stack of electronics in my shop system. Then I thought to share what I did here - much cheaper than the $160 butcher block mentioned by the OP.

Wheel-right

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Man, Ya shoulda been here yesterday
The other day, I moved the wand clock back to the bedroom - but I had to do something about (((((VIBRATION))))). The wand zips back and forth, and made noise when put on the DVD player. This time, I put down first a thick, heavy BOOK. It worked like a charm. Then I remembered that I placed a large world atlas under the stack of electronics in my shop system. Then I thought to share what I did here - much cheaper than the $160 butcher block mentioned by the OP.
I've found that putting a piece of dense wood with a anti-slip pad on top of my CD/DVD players really helped stop vibration.