6th Annual Audiophile Day October 2nd

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Really... a day dedicated to... as Paul McGowan of PS Audio explains:

October 2, 2021
by Paul McGowan

Every single day of the year there are multiple celebrations of every imaginable topic. In fact, this month there are more celebrations than there are days in the year.
And, among those, and special to all of us reading this post, is the 6th annual, Audiophile Day.
It’s a day to remember why we’re here. For some it’s the gear, for others the music, still others the camaraderie.
We are unique. A wonderful mix of good-hearted people from around the world. People in love with music and its faithful reproduction in the home.
To all of us, a happy Audiophile Day!

Screen-Shot-2020-09-11-at-3.10.40-PM.png

Nando.

Elite-ist

Staff member
A good friend of mine, visiting from Hamburg, Germany, dropped in for dinner with us last night. He had to listen to my Sony PS-F9 as he was intrigued by the concept of a portable record player.

20211001_215338 (1).jpg

Nando.

Elite-ist

Staff member
A lot of engineering went into the PS-F9 and its little brother the PS-F5 - a technical marvel of its time.

20210320_142132 (1).jpg

And the PS-F9 has a built-in FM transmitter, so I can tune my A/V receiver's FM station into a frequency and listen to the portable playing a record through my A/V system, remotely, without any direct wire connections.

Nando.

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
A lot of engineering went into the PS-F9 and its little brother the PS-F5 - a technical marvel of its time.

View attachment 54733

And the PS-F9 has a built-in FM transmitter, so I can tune my A/V receiver's FM station into a frequency and listen to the portable playing a record through my A/V system, remotely, without any direct wire connections.

Nando.
Does it play both sides or do you have to flip?

Elite-ist

Staff member
Yes, it's a linear-tracker with a quartz-locked direct drive motor.

You have to flip the record to play the other side.

Nando.

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
While you guys are goofing off and celebrating Audiophile day, I've been Vacuuming and scrubbing terlets, getting ready for the final walk through at 4:30 ish.... My POD showed up this morning (missing the 8 track). and the worker bees are coming at 0900 to stuff it. I guess I'll celebrate with you guys and go over to the sports bar and have 57 beers while I wait for the new owners to get the hell out of my house..... My hands smell like Scrubbing Bubbles with a hint of windex..... Mmmmmmm

Elite-ist

Staff member
Had a little fun, yesterday playing the old system:

And the 1987 song from Was (Not Was). I chose a fitting song to play on the old system.

Nando.