Hakko 470 Vacuum Desoldering Stations

e30m3mon

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
---
I've had my 808 for about 10 years. Bought it used on EBAY. Just recently bought the genuine cleaning pins. They're much better than bus wire and don't burn the fingers. Seems like I had to tear it apart for some reason, but don't remember why.
I bought my 808 about 10 years ago to replace relays from failed electric lock and window control boards on E46 BMWs. Door locks would suddenly start popping up and down ... some cases the windows would not go up all the way or not work at all Had a half dozen customers who had me rebuild their boards. BMW and I believe Siemens identified the issue and repaired affected the early cars with the defect. Paid for my 808 very quickly!

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
I bought my 808 about 10 years ago to replace relays from failed electric lock and window control boards on E46 BMWs. Door locks would suddenly start popping up and down ... some cases the windows would not go up all the way or not work at all Had a half dozen customers who had me rebuild their boards. BMW and I believe Siemens identified the issue and repaired affected the early cars with the defect. Paid for my 808 very quickly!
They did a no questions asked recall on the footwell controllers that controls all that stuff. Same controller in BMWs and Mini's and my minis got the recall notice for those. Just in time as one had failed. Shortly after my son got a recall notice for his BMW.

e30m3mon

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
---
They did a no questions asked recall on the footwell controllers that controls all that stuff. Same controller in BMWs and Mini's and my minis got the recall notice for those. Just in time as one had failed. Shortly after my son got a recall notice for his BMW.
That’s why I like the old cars...no crazy computers or other controllers. E30 FTW!

George S.

Veteran and General Yakker
I've had my 808 for about 10 years. Bought it used on EBAY. Just recently bought the genuine cleaning pins. They're much better than bus wire and don't burn the fingers. Seems like I had to tear it apart for some reason, but don't remember why.
I have a roll of stainless aircraft safety wire just for that purpose, cleaning the gun nozzle and bore. Wanted the genuine cleaning pins, but never found them at a price I liked. Most all of this Hakko stuff is just too expensive for me to buy new. I do buy new genuine tips and nozzles though, great quality and they really last, just pricey.

Last edited:

George S.

Veteran and General Yakker
Found another filter that needed changing mainly due to age degradation, the pump exhaust filters. Installed those today, then calibrated the temp of the guns per the manual. PXL_20210426_174209789.jpg
370 deg Celsius at lowest setting. PXL_20210427_000914822.jpg
The new to me 470s temp wouldn't adjust up past 400 deg Celcius, so pulled a working board out of a parts unit. I'll try to fix the original board when I get time. PXL_20210427_004817633.jpg
Two completed Hakko desoldering stations. Calibrated and fresh filters, rebuilt pumps, massive vacuum. These things really suck! PXL_20210427_004744823.jpg

Last edited: