Very sad news

NavLinear

Veteran and General Yakker
Oh my Keith. I am truly in tears after I read this thread. I cannot imagine what your feeling at this moment.

You were very lucky to have found your wife, friend and lover all in one. She was so lucky to have you and I know your love will always continue. Words are difficult for me at the moment but please accept my heart felt condolences.

Gibsonian

Chief Journeyman
Another Phoenix forum guy here who is in and out Keith, but just seeing this thread. I am really sorry for your loss. May God comfort you in this time of sorrow. She is in good hands.

roccus

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
You'll blow your ears out kid
A big step completed.... I brought her ashes home today. Tomorrow I plan to go out to the hop and fire up the wood stove, Daughter and grandson want to hear those big bad altecs before they go back to TX

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Awesome speaker build bro. I want to build a set of 2 piece Klipsch Belle's in Mahogany. Gotta love them horns. Maybe next fall. I looked at the plans and you need to be a rocket scientist to finger them out. I hate using my Navy Math....

FredR

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
WTF?
In 2018 I sponsored a remembrance service for my brother in New Orleans. As usual in New Orleans remembrance services are really a big party with open bar. Probably had 300 of his old photography friends there. Bar tab was astronomical. Ashes went into the Mississippi River.

https://www.nola.com/gambit/news/the_latest/article_56e173e8-56be-5f6d-8f88-5544f7065fdf.html

We were never close. He was way different from me (way different from everybody actually) as you can tell from the photo. Good call on spreading the ashes Keith. Think I'll go that way.

Last edited:

Bob Boyer

Tagline
---
In 2018 I sponsored a remembrance service for my brother in New Orleans... We were never close. He was way different from me (way different from everybody actually) as you can tell from the photo.
The great photographers (well, artists in general) are like that, Fred. Celebrate, if you can, that difference as you remember him - it's what made him great.

roccus

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Awesome speaker build bro. I want to build a set of 2 piece Klipsch Belle's in Mahogany. Gotta love them horns. Maybe next fall. I looked at the plans and you need to be a rocket scientist to finger them out. I hate using my Navy Math....
yea the set up have out there makes people smile when the hear it.....

FredR

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
WTF?
The great photographers (well, artists in general) are like that, Fred. Celebrate, if you can, that difference as you remember him - it's what made him great.
He did some things that really hurt the family, but I've let it go. Sadly his friend Bookhardt, who he knew since childhood and quoted in the obit passed about a year later.

Bob Boyer

Tagline
---
He did some things that really hurt the family, but I've let it go. Sadly his friend Bookhardt, who he knew since childhood and quoted in the obit passed about a year later.
Fair enough. And that's always sad. Moving on is all we can do sometimes. Very sorry.

VSAT88

Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
Keith, you my friend are a good man. I too teared up a bit reading your story as well. I Pray GOD's will for you and your family brother.

roccus

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Keith, you my friend are a good man. I too teared up a bit reading your story as well. I Pray GOD's will for you and your family brother.
Thanks Dennis for the kind words and support it is what I need most right now. My daughter and grandson left around 10 this morning to go back to TX. I hated to see them go but she had to get back to her husband and daughter for xmas. Today marks 2 weeks I lost my wife.. I miss her so much

P1010720.JPG

roccus

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Guess it is not done raining down on our family yet. Daughter and grandson left yesterday morning to go back to TX. only for the motor to blow in her car on RT40 down in TN. They are safe at a motel, son in law going to drive out to get them....

Wheel-right

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Man, Ya shoulda been here yesterday
Definitely one of those kind of years. Let's hope the next one works out a little better for everyone. Feeling your pain Keith, I lost lost three very close to me this year. Your wife will always be in your heart and she is carrying you on her journey.
Well still happening, my aunt passed Tuesday yesterday afternoon of Covid-related problems. She was tough though, made it to 91 years like my mom.

Last edited:

roccus

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Definitely one of those kind of years. Let's hope the next one works out a little better for everyone. Feeling your pain Keith, I lost lost three very close to me this year. Your wife will always be in your heart and she is carrying you on her journey.
You are so right.... my flag pretty well sums up 2020... it has been retired
1608687176108.png

jbeckva

Admin/Server Dude MAA Guy
Staff member
Tagline
WassupYa Mang?
Keith,

This thread really hits home here. I lost my mother in 2016, and lost my sister this year around early Feb. The old man is remarried now in SC and barely comes this way to visit anymore, even before all the covid crap started. Suffice to say, my "old" family is just about gone and that I think about.. every damn day.

God bless you and your family. Take Care.

- Jer