I took a left turn at Kansas

dr.bo

New Around These Parts
Although I am a member here, it's been years since I posted, and I apologize for that. Life has a way of stealing away my free time. You may know me as Dr.Bo on eBay, and I have the store "OxideNation" specializing in blank cassette, 8 track, DAT, Reel to reel, Elcaset, DCC, and Minidiscs. Since the last posting, I've added another room to the warehouse, now 1600 sq. ft., and my listings on eBay are closing in on 3000.

Mostly I am a physician (pathologist) and this year has been intense. Right now, here in NW PA, we are in the midst of the second wave of COVID. Recent news of a very promising vaccine is lifting spirits and hope. At 61, I thought this phase of my career would be more tranquil, and my workload would be less. Instead, this is probably the busiest of my career.

I returned when I saw the news of a Tapehead member "Stuwee" passing in a notice on the TH site. This sad news reminded me that I hadn't been here in a long time.

Fishoz

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Always learning!
Your legend precedes you Dr. Bo. Pretty sure I was referred to you for some Phoenix tapes by Stuwee or Orange. Glad to see you pop in again and thank you for your dedication in these trying times.

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Nice to see you drop back in, Joel. My youngest step-daughter is an RN. Hopefully, we can all get this virus under control to restore some semblance of normality in the coming year, or so. Exhaustive work - mentally and physically - for all those in the medical front-line treating COVID-19 patients.

With you having a side job/hobby selling tapes and older audio formats is a cool way to do something different and, probably, a form of stress-relief.

Nando.

dr.bo

New Around These Parts
It IS a nice form of stress release. I hope you guys accept that COVID is real and dangerous. Hospitals are filling up during this second wave. We as a Nation are much better prepared now, and have good supply of the PPE. The vaccine could be a game changer too. But to simply wear the mask, and wear it properly, combined with social distancing- where is the harm in doing this until we get COVID under control?

Bob Boyer

Tagline
---
Proud to make the connection, Joel. I've seen your posts every now and then and wondered. Thanks for your work and hang in there. Here's to an improved situation in the not too distant future for you and everyone toiling with you in those trenches.

Bradrock

Tagline
---I run with Scissors
That reminds me.............I've had some of your Phoenix tapes in my ebay cart for a few years now.
I guess I should pull the trigger before they are gone.

Thanks for the nudge...Heh...Heh

dr.bo

New Around These Parts
If I can figure out how, I was going to try to post some photos of my tape warehouse. When I started, I used some bookshelves in the basement of my house, but now my hoarding has expanded to epic proportions!

Wheel-right

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Man, Ya shoulda been here yesterday
If I can figure out how, I was going to try to post some photos of my tape warehouse. When I started, I used some bookshelves in the basement of my house, but now my hoarding has expanded to epic proportions!
That happens some how or other when you get into something you enjoy.