Sansui RR QD 5500 on Craigslist.

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
For searching out more info on the R2R - the model # is Sansui QD-5500, not GX-5500 as advertised.

Nando.

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Do you mean SD?

I have an SD-5050, it's a 4/2-channel autoreverse deck. That is 4-channal playback/2-record.

GX would be an AKAI, wouldn't it?

orange

Tagline
Yes, it's a QD, meaning it should be a 4-channel recorder like Teac 2340 and 3340, but not very common vs.

orange

Tagline
That Teac was the one real connection between home studios and pro. And Teac continued making multichannel RTRs afterward, they were committed to it.

How do you know that the 4 channel record/play doesn't work? Is is that or do you have problems with Simulsync?

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
That Teac was the one real connection between home studios and pro. And Teac continued making multichannel RTRs afterward, they were committed to it.

How do you know that the 4 channel record/play doesn't work? Is is that or do you have problems with Simulsync?
I don't, my old roommate and good friend Dale found it in the dumpster along with the OM and schematics with user notes behind the Kgun 9 radio station, the power cord is cut at the base, it's just eye candy on the credenza right now. He kept the Fostex Simulsync deck

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP

I don't, my old roommate and good friend Dale found it in the dumpster behind the Kgun 9 radio station with the OM and SM. He kept the Fostex with simusync. I like the Teac better, I can't afford to send it to Sam in Chi town, There is a Rabbi here in Tucson how does great work on RtR that hangs out on AK. If I let him copy my Documentation and some $$s I could be reeling again, been awhile.

orange

Tagline
You have the play BUTTON instead of a lever like my 2340s which is fortunate. You should get this done, I don't think it will disappoint and it was the best link to a pro experience a home tapist could get for a long time.