Jolly Green Giant 700B in work

Opinions

• Total voters

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
Since I finished the Roxanne III build, I got the hankering to build a 700B for myself. Every time I build a 700B, somebody buys it out from me and I'm out an amp. And it takes forever for an affordable one to show up. So I decided to make it ugly enough so nobody would buy it from me. It's just a mock-up since I'm waiting on White Oak boards, but you get the idea. I was working on it the other night and the wife came in to the shop and took one look at it and said, "OH HELL NO, that thing is hideous and is not going in to the living room". And then asked me what possessed me to do that to a 700B... I tried to explain it to her that I didn't want anybody trying to buy this amp from me. But chicks aren't that smart. She just couldn't understand. Nothing that can't be repaired... Friggin Lime Green Pearl.

18352.jpeg

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
To keep the peace, and placate the wife (I think she said it clashed with the curtains or some shit) I toned it down a little but I still have the knobs which I will replace after she forgets.

18388.jpeg

grapplesaw

Tagline
---
I think you need to change the black insert to a cannery yellow along with handles. With all that On the champagne faceplate it may look pretty modern. So millennium will have to have it for their 600 sq ft condo.

Wheel-right

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Man, Ya shoulda been here yesterday
How about the black faceplate with the yellow like grapplesaw suggested? It's your amp do it your way and keep it, enjoy what you have created, money be damned!

Wheel-right

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Man, Ya shoulda been here yesterday
Since I finished the Roxanne III build, I got the hankering to build a 700B for myself. Every time I build a 700B, somebody buys it out from me and I'm out an amp. And it takes forever for an affordable one to show up. So I decided to make it ugly enough so nobody would buy it from me. It's just a mock-up since I'm waiting on White Oak boards, but you get the idea. I was working on it the other night and the wife came in to the shop and took one look at it and said, "OH HELL NO, that thing is hideous and is not going in to the living room". And then asked me what possessed me to do that to a 700B... I tried to explain it to her that I didn't want anybody trying to buy this amp from me. But chicks aren't that smart. She just couldn't understand. Nothing that can't be repaired... Friggin Lime Green Pearl.

View attachment 39642
Isn't that about the same green that your truck is/was?