Speaker cable elevators/risers/lifts

8991XJ

Chief Journeyman
I'm needing a double set of risers as my speaker wire has separated + and - conductors. The whole front of the room would be a complete mine field.

J!m

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
BOT
I'm needing a double set of risers as my speaker wire has separated + and - conductors. The whole front of the room would be a complete mine field.
I have a similar arrangement with my speaker cables... I think at double the cost, I'd be out of the game, although my cables are about 3 feet long...

018.JPG

Bob Boyer

Tagline
---
Or you can do like me and tape the sumbitches to the concrete floor underneath the carpet and walk on 'em. It helps if they are Nordost Flatlines if you want to avoid the trip hazard.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
I'm more concerned about the rubber bands holding the chopstix together being inductive...... That can cause the trons to turn sideways and cause diodic issues

J!m

Tagline
BOT
I agree. If I'm honest with myself I can't tell the sonic difference between duct tape that froze in the truck or some kept warm in the basement.

Although there is a definite difference in sound when frozen tape is pulled off the roll as compared to warm tape. No question there.

Any WHY are you using rubber bands!?!n Hemp twine sounds best!

62vauxhall

Tagline
No such things as bad days, just bad moments
Would something of this design be the ultimate? Might be overkill, but if you're running Khorns, you're going to need the best. Photo taken at work.

View attachment 39569

Nando.
If there’s rails on top, ya got yer solid conductor speaker leads.

mr_rye89

Tagline
Lost in the Ozone Again
This thread reminds me of a thread I follow on a UK forum for restoring old radios. The thread is called "The Audiophoolery Thread" and is now over 65 pages. Folks submit whatever latest audio snake oil they've found on the web.

Here's one for your enjoyment:

http://www.machinadynamica.com/machina31.htm
Bwahaha! I was wondering where the bag of rocks taped to the interconnects image came from! As for my setup I've ruled out risers as it gets my speaker cables (vintage Electricord 14AWG extension cord (pilfered from work because the plugs were damaged and not OSHA compliant) terminated with Monster banana jacks) too close to the degaussing coil in my TV thus creating the possibility of crosstalk :p