PL400 Meter Sensitivity

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Hi Jim
Meter pegging on this forum is done as often as thread crapping...who is your money on this weekend? KC or SF?

BlueCrab

Journeyman
Of all the recent super bowls that I can think of, this one has to be the hardest to handicap. Both teams are quite capable of scoring a lot of points in a hurry - no lead is safe. I'm attending a SB party hosted by an old college friend who lives in KC, so I'll be rooting for them, but as far as putting money on either team, I'll sit this one out.

I am considering putting a 20k trimmer pot in place of the 13k resistor to allow the meter sensitivity to be adjusted. It's kind of gee-wiz, but when you're an engineer, it's what you do. Remember, better is the enemy of good enough and no decent engineer ever thought they were finished - let's try just one more thing...

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
make sure you put a 2K in series with the pot so you don't accidentally bottom the pot out and then you will fry the meter for sure.

I am rooting for KC too...

Northwinds

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars

J!m

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
BOT
This stuff is really great. First class build quality and sonics in my opinion. Just not popular over here.