Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
I'm the Red Knight, by grant of the Black
Last edited:

Lazarus Short

Tagline
Some time ago, I saw a CD by Odd Nordstoga, and bought it as it was obviously Scandinavian, and probably Norwegan. I put it on the Sony yesterday, thinking well, I've only listened to this once, so...

I got to a song titled "Texas" and realized that what I had was an album of Norwegan country music.

Check him out on Ewe Toob doing a rendition of "Whole Lotta Love":

That's Odd on the left...

Lazarus Short

Tagline
A band I came across about 25 years ago, and which my Russophilic best friend said I would like: Kukuruza. He said the name means "corn" in Russian. They do Russian Bluegrass. I have have two CD's by them, and each one lost the jewel box papers, the only time it has happened to me, and it was the same band - strange.

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
A band I came across about 25 years ago, and which my Russophilic best friend said I would like: Kukuruza. He said the name means "corn" in Russian. They do Russian Bluegrass. I have have two CD's by them, and each one lost the jewel box papers, the only time it has happened to me, and it was the same band - strange.

RUSSIA, RUSSIA, RUSSIA !!!

Lazarus Short

Tagline
My very early introduction to world music...well, Quebec at least. Amazing!

Be aware that the above link is for the third of nine tracks, all of them excellent.

Last edited:

Lazarus Short

Tagline
I was wrong about Jim and Bertrand, for they were not my first exposure to world music, if by "world music" you mean anything/everything outside the US of A. No, it was the British folk band Pentangle, like so:

Lazarus Short

Tagline
Very early in my exploration of world music, I found a CD in a used book store in West Plains, Missouri. It looked interesting, and it recorded instruments and sounds I'd never heard before. It was Marta Sebestyen and her back up band Musicas.