New guy here.

targu91

New Around These Parts
Do you have the board and all the components or just the board? I actually like the sound of the discreet component Rev C boards, but I am old school like that. Lee, (laatsch55) and I assembled White Oak Audio Control Boards before there were any revisions, even those are far, far better than the original Phase Linear control boards. The latest Control Boards from WO are dual mono (Rev G1) and have really taken the PL400 and PL700 to the highest state of the art.

Welcome to our little corner of the PL (and Klipsch) world.
Are you familiar with Al Klappenberger?
Are you familiar with Al Klappenberg
I have talked to him before and he's very knowledgeable on the Klipsch crossovers! Got great advise from him in the past.

er?

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Yes. Built a few sets of his universals for the k- horns, and now I'm running a set of his Extreme Slopes in the K's.

What's the number on the driver tranny?

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
No I got it substituted out right now with a NTE. Found a original tranny (not Chinese) over seas waiting for delivery.

Many out there do not like the NTE units. I don't use them so I can't say one way or the other. After I heard bad reviews, I don't use them. FYI

targu91

New Around These Parts
Yes. Built a few sets of his universals for the k- horns, and now I'm running a set of his Extreme Slopes in the K's.

What's the number on the driver tranny?
I would like to try those extreme slopes out! It's a 2SC1567.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
That's the latest revision, some different components in the old ones.....good stuff, Al knows his shit...

targu91

New Around These Parts
Many out there do not like the NTE units. I don't use them so I can't say one way or the other. After I heard bad reviews, I don't use them. FYI
I don't care for them. They can be hit or miss. They closed down this large repair center in Chicago and ask if I wanted all the leftover parts for free. Got a lot of good stuff out of it (boxes of TO-3's) and some not so good stuff. Still haven't gone through all of it!